User Role Editor WordPress plugin makes the role capabilities changing easy. You can change any standard WordPress user role (except administrator).
|Author:||Vladimir Garagulya (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||22-03-2010|
|Total downloads:||7 745 882|
|Active installs:||500 000+|
Click to start download
screenshot-5.png Bulk change role for users without roles
screenshot-2.png Add/Remove roles or capabilities
screenshot-6.png Assign multiple roles to the selected users
screenshot-4.png User Capabilities Editor
screenshot-1.png User Role Editor main form
screenshot-3.png User Capabilities link
- Does it work with WordPress in multi-site environment?
Yes, it works with WordPress multi-site. By default plugin works for every blog from your multi-site network as for locally installed blog.
To update selected role globally for the Network you should turn on the “Apply to All Sites” checkbox. You should have superadmin privileges to use User Role Editor under WordPress multi-site.
Pro version allows to manage roles of the whole network from the Netwok Admin.
- Fix: WP Multisite: Users->Capabilities->Update: “Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method URE_Editor::check_blog_user() in /wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor/includes/classes/editor.php on line 576” was fixed.
- Fix: WooCommerce group was not shown under “Custom capabilities” section.
- PHP version 5.5 was marked as required.
- Update: General code restructure and optimization.
- Update: URE_Base_Lib::get_blog_ids() returns null, if it’s called under WordPress single site (not multisite).
- Update: URE_Editor::prepare_capabilities_to_save() : “Invalid argument supplied for foreach()” warning was excluded in case there was no valid data structures initialization.
- Update: ‘administrator’ role protection was enhanced. URE always does not allow to revoke capability from ‘administrator’ role. That was possible earlier after the ‘administrator’ role update.
- Update: 2 new actions ‘ure_settings_tools_show’ and ‘ure_settings_tools_exec’ allows to extends the list of sections available at the Settings->User Role Editor->Tools tab.
- Update: Selected role ID was added to “Delete role” confirmation dialog.
- Update: Method URE_Base_Lib::get_short_list_str() was enhanced.
- Update: Method URE_Base_Lib::get_blog_ids() was made public.
- Update: Method URE_Lib::get_usermeta_table_name() was excluded.
- Fix: PHP warning “Undefined index:’unexisted role ID'” was fixed at URE_Lib::roles_text() (wp-content/plugins/user-role-editor/includes/classes/lib.php:360).
- Fix: Bug was fixed with incorrect usage of transient for option “Show deprecated capabilities”.
- Update: Multisite: Sites list is not requested from the database on every page opened in order to reduce server load.
- Update: URE plugin version update routine is called now at the wp-admin backend only.
- Update: Direct access to URE_Lib::bbpress property was excluded as a preparation to future code enhancements.
File changelog.txt contains the full list of changes.