Selectively display widgets to logged in users based on standard WooCommerce user roles.
|Author:||Rob Smelik (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.9|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-10-2015|
Click to start download
User Role Widget Areas for WooCommerce allows you to selectively display content in your themes active widget areas based on standard WooCommerce user roles (WooCommerce Shop Manager, WooCommerce Customer) of logged in users. All user role widget areas can be displayed in any existing sidebar or widget area within your theme.
- 2 User role based widget areas, one for each of the standard WooCommerce user roles.
- 1 display widget for displaying your new widget areas on the front end (public site).
- An additional shortcode for displaying your user role and user status based widget areas.
- The ability to hard code the script into your theme that displays the widget areas on the front end.
This plugin is designed to work with WooCommerce, a popular, full-featured eCommerce plugin for WordPress. Therefore, WooCommerce needs to be installed and activated for the plugin to work.
Rate The Plugin
If you like this plugin and find it useful please take a moment to rate it. Thanks!
Q: I dragged widgets into the WooCommerce User Role Widget Areas but they are not showing up on the front end. Why?
A: You must make sure that you have placed the WooCommerce Users By Role widget into any existing NON-USER widget area where you want to display specific widgets based on user roles.
Q: I did the step above but the WooCommerce User Role widgets are still not showing up.
A: Make sure you have at least one widget in the widget area for the role you are logged in as. For example: If you are logged in as a Shop Manager drag a text widget into the Users – WooCommerce Shop Manager widget area and give it a title and some placeholder content. Go back to your browser and refresh.
- Initial release
- Added registration for 2 WooCommerce user role based widget areas
- Added registration for 1 WooCommerce display widget that displays your WooCommerce user role based widget areas on the front end
- Added shortcode support for displaying user role and status based widget areas on the front end
- Tested functionality on a variety of themes and browsers