Easy to use and 100% FREE social media plugin which adds social media icons to your website with tons of customization features!
|Author:||UltimatelySocial (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||19-09-2014|
|Total downloads:||5 517 793|
|Active installs:||200 000+|
Click to start download
Social media plugin which let’s you add share icons for RSS, Email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, ‘Share’ (covering 200+ other social media platforms) and upload custom share icons of your choice.
This free plugin has a lot to offer. Even more can be found in the Premium Plugin, please watch this short video:
The free social media plugin includes the following features:
- Pick from 16 different designs for your social media share icons
- Give several actions to one social media share icon (e.g. your facebook share icon can lead visitors to your Facebook page, and also give visitors the opportunity to like your page)
- Decide to give your social media icons an animation (e.g. automatic shuffling, mouse-over effects) to make your visitors aware of the share icons, increasing the chance that they follow/share your blog
- Make your social media icons ‘float’ or ‘sticky’
- Allow visitors to subscribe to your blog by Email
- Add ‘counts’ to your social media buttons
- Decide to display a pop-up (on all or only on selected pages) asking people to follow/share you via your social media icons
- Decide to display sharing-buttons and social media icons at the end of every post
- Select from many other customization features for your socialmedia icons!
For GDPR compliance, please have a look at our Social Media GDPR Compliance page.
The social media plugin is very easy to use as it takes you through all the steps:
- Step 1: Choose which social media icons you want to display
- Step 2: Define what actions your social media icons should perform
- Step 3: Pick design & animation options for your social media icons
- Step 4: Add counts to your social media icons (optional)
- Step 5: Select from various other social share options, e.g. make your social media icons ‘float’
- Step 6: Add sharing/linking icons next to each blog post (optional)
- Step 7: Add a customized pop-up asking people to follow or share (optional)
- Step 8: Add a subscription form on your site (optional)
In case of issues or questions please ask in the Support forum.
We hope you enjoy the free social media plugin!
New Premium Plugin
We released a Premium Plugin with many more exciting features:
- Many more social networks supported, including Snapchat share buttons, Whatsapp share buttons, Yummly share buttons, Phone button, Yelp share buttons, Soundcloud share buttons, Skype share buttons Flickr share buttons, Blogger share buttons, Reddit share buttons, Vimeo share buttons, Tumblr share buttons, Xing share buttons, Vkontakte share buttons (VK), Telegram share buttons, Amazon share buttons, Goodreads share buttons, Angies list share buttons, Steam share buttons, Twitch share buttons, Spotify share buttons, Odnoklassniki share buttons (OK), Buffer share buttons, Weibo share buttons, Pocket share buttons, Meneame share buttons, Frype share buttons, LiveJournal share buttons, Patreon share buttons, Dloky share buttons, Discord share buttons, Github share buttons, WordPress buttons, Etsy share buttons, Better Business Bureau share buttons, Digg share buttons, Delicious share buttons, Print share buttons, and many other share buttons!
- More design styles to make your social share icons look really cool & matching the design of your website
- Themed design styles, e.g. if you have a website about cats you can pick from social media logos which look like cats etc.
- Better social sharing and following features, e.g. you can define the Tweet-texts better (e.g. pull the post titles into your Tweets automatically), let people follow you on Facebook directly without leaving your site etc.
- Place the social icons on specific pages, i.e. you can define on which pages the icons to the social media sites should not show
- Position the social icons by anchor and margins, i.e. you can define the margins where your share icons should be displayed (from top/bottom/left/right), and then have them floating, or stick, still visible when user scrolls down or not etc.
- Optimized for mobile – you can define separate selections for your social network icons for mobile
- More functions for email icon, such as Share (by email), Contact you, Link to a certain page etc.
- Social media counters optimized to encourage more social media sharing from your visitors
- More pop up options which contain your social media buttons, e.g. define a limit to how often the pop-up is shown to the same user, show pop-up only when people try to leave your website etc.
- Friendly support in case you’re stuck
- Many more settings and options for your social media network icons
Have a look at the Premium Plugin features
After installing the plugin, you'll see this overview. You'll be taken through the easy-to-understand steps to configure your plugin
As a first step you select which share icons you want to display on your website
Then you'll define what the share icons should do (they can perform several actions, e.g. lead users to your facebook page, or allow them to share your content on their facebook page)
You can pick from a wide range of share icon designs
Here you can animate your social share icons (automatic shuffling, mouse-over effects etc.), to make visitors of your site aware that they can share, follow & like your site
You can choose to display counts next to your social share icons (e.g. number of Twitter-followers)
There are many more options to choose from
You can also add social share icons at the end of every post
...or even display a pop-up (designed to your liking) which asks users to like & share your site
Please also check the more comprehensive FAQ on http://ultimatelysocial.com/faq
I face fundamental issues (the plugin doesn’t load etc.)
Please ensure that:
- You’re using the latest version of the plugin(s)
- Your site is running on PHP 5.4 or above
- You have CURL activated (should be activated by default)
If you’re not familiar with those please contact your hosting company or server admin.
Please check if you have browser extensions activated which may conflict with the plugin. Known culprits include:
- Open SEO Stats (Formerly: PageRank Status) in Chrome
- Adblock Plus in Chrome
- Vine in Chrome
Either de-activate those extensions or try it in a different browser.
If the plugin setting’s area looks ‘funny’ after an upgrade then please clear your cache with String+F5 (PC) or Command+R (Mac).
If you get the error message “Are you sure you want to do this? / Please try again” when uploading the socialsharing plugin: Some servers may have a low limits with respect to permitted upload times. Please set the values in the “php.ini” file to:
If you don’t know how to do it, please contact your server support / hosting company for that. Tell them you need it for a social sharing plugin on WordPress which may take longer to upload.
If your issue is still not fixed after you’ve followed the steps above, we can provide support as part of our share to social Premium Plugin: https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/.
I get error messages ‘Error : 7’, ‘Error : 56’, ‘Error : 6’ etc.
Those point to a CURL-issue on your site. Please contact your server admin or your hosting company to resolve it.
The plugin requires CURL for the social share counts and other features.
Social share icons don’t show
Please ensure you actually placed the social share buttons either as social widget (in your widget area) or as floating icons under question 5). The Premium Plugin makes placing the social icons especially easy and also allows you to place sticky social share icons on your site, define the placement of the social share icons by margins and many other options, see https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/.
If only some social share icons show, but not all, then please clear your cache, and check if you may have conflicting browser extensions (e.g. ‘Disconnect’-app in Chrome). Also Ad-Blockers are known culprits, please switch them off temporarily to see if that is the reason.
If the social share icons still don’t show then there’s an issue with your template. Please contact the creator of your template for that.
If you are referring to specific social share icons not showing in the plugin itself (e.g. you’re looking for a Whatsapp share icon, but it doesnt exist) please note that our Premium Plugin has many more social media share icons, see https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/
Twitter social share counts are not displaying (anymore)
Unfortunately, Twitter stopped providing any social share count. God knows why.
Changes don’t get saved / Deleted plugin but the social share icons still show
Most likely you have the WP Cache plugin installed. Please de-activate and then re-activate it, then the social share icons should display again.
Links when clicking on the social share icons don’t work
Please ensure you’ve entered the ‘http://’ at the beginning of the url (for all social networks). If the social share icons are not clickable at all there is most likely an issue with your template. This is especially the case if you’ve given your social share buttons several features, which should show a pop-up (tooltip) when you move over the social share icons.
I cannot upload custom social share icons
Most likely that’s because you’ve set ‘allow_url_fopen’ to ‘off’. Please turn it to ‘on’ (or ask your server admin to do so, he’ll know what to do. Tell them you need it to upload custom share icons for a social media buttons plugin).
My Youtube social share icon (direct follow) doesn’t work
Please ensure that you’ve selected the radio button ‘Username’ when you enter a youtube username, or ‘Channel ID’ when you entered a channel ID.
Aligning the social share icons (centered, left- or right-aligned) doesn’t work
The alignment options under question 5 align the social share icons with respect to each other, not where they appear on the page. Our new Premium Plugin is the best social sharing plugin on the market, allowing you to define also many other social share icon alignments (e.g. within a widget, within shortcode etc.).
Clicking on the RSS icon returns funny codes
That’s normal. RSS users will know what to do with it (i.e. copy & paste the url into their RSS readers).
Facebook ‘like’-count isn’t correct
When you ‘like’ something on your blog via facebook it likes the site you’re currently on (e.g. your blog) and not your Facebook page.
The new Premium Plugin also allows to show the number of your Facebook page likes, see https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/.
Sharing doesn’t take the right text or picture
We use the share codes from Facebook etc. and therefore don’t have any influence over which text & pic Facebook decides to share.
Note that you can define an image as ‘Featured Image’ which tells Facebook etc. to share that one. You’ll find this ‘Featured Image’ section in your blog’s admin area where you can edit your blog post.
You can crosscheck which image Facebook will take by entering your url on https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/og/object/.
UPDATE: we made significant enhancements to the premium plugin, it now allows you to define the sharing pics and texts for your social share icons.
The pop-up shows although I only gave my social share icon one function
The pop-up only disappears if you’ve given your social share icons only a ‘visit us’-function, otherwise (e.g. if you gave it ‘Like’ (on facebook) or ‘Tweet’ functions) a pop-up is still needed because the social share buttons for those are coming directly from the social media sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) and we don’t have any influence over their design.
I selected to display the social share icons after every post but they don’t show
The social share icons usually do show, however not on your blog page, but on your single posts pages. The Premium plugin (https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/) also allows to display the social share icons on your homepage.
Plugin decreases my site’s loading speed
The plugin is one of the most optimized social media plugin in terms of impact on a site’s loading speed (optimized code, compressed pictures etc.).
If you still experience loading speed issues, please note that:
The more sharing- and invite- features you place on your site, the more external codes you load (i.e. from the social media sites; we just use their share code), therefore impacting loading speed. So to prevent this, give your social share icons only ‘Visit us’-functionality rather than sharing-functionalities.
We’ve programmed it so that the code for the social media icons is the one which loads lasts on your site, i.e. after all the other content has already been loaded. This means: even if there is a decrease in loading speed, it does not impact a user’s experience because he sees your site as quickly as before, only the social media icons take a bit longer to load.
There might be also other issues on your site which cause a high loading speed (e.g. conflicts with our plugins or template issues). Please ask your template creator about that.
Also, if you’ve uploaded social media sharing icons not provided by the plugin itself (i.e. custom share icons) please ensure they are compressed as well.
After moving from demo-server to live-server the follow/subscribe-link doesn’t work anymore
Please delete and install the plugin again.
If you already placed the code for a subscription form on your site, remove it again and take the new one from the new plugin installation.
There are other issues when I activate the plugin or place the social share icons
Please check the following:
The plugin requires that CURL is installed & activated on your server (which should be the standard case). If you don’t have it, please contact your hosting provider.
Please ensure that you don’t have any browser extension activated which may conflict with the plugin, esp. those which block certain content. Known culprits include the ‘Disconnect’ extension in Chrome or the ‘Privacy Badger’ extension in Firefox.
If issues persist most likely your theme has issues which makes it incompatible with our plugin. Please contact your template creator for that. As part of the Premium Plugin (https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/) we fix also theme issues, and provide support to ensure that your social media share buttons appear on your site (exactly where you want them).
How can I see how many people decided to share or like my post?
You can see this by activating the social share ‘counts’ on the front end (under question 4 in the USM plugin, question 5 in the USM+ plugin).
We cannot provide you this data in other ways as it’s coming directly from the social media sites. One exception: if you like to know when people start to follow you by email, then you can get email alerts. For that, please claim your feed (see question above).
How can I change the ‘Please follow & like us :)’?
You can change it in the Widget-area where you dropped the widget (with the social share icons) on the sidebar. Please click on it (on the sidebar), it will open the menu where you can change the text.
If you don’t want to show any text, just enter a space (‘ ‘).
Can I use a shortcode to place the social share icons?
Yes, use [DISPLAY_ULTIMATE_SOCIAL_ICONS] to show the social share icons. You can place it into any editor.
Alternatively, you can place the following into your codes to show the share icons:
In some cases there might be issues to display social media sharing buttons which you uploaded as custom share icons. In this case, we provide support as part of our premium plugin: https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/
Can I get more options for the social share icons next to posts?
Please use this plugin for that: https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/
Can I also give the email-icon a ‘mailto:’ functionality?
Yes, that is possible in our new social share plugin, the Premium Plugin: https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/
Can I also display the social share icons vertically?
Yes, that is possible in our new social sharing plugin, the Premium Plugin: https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/.
How can I change the text on the ‘visit us’-buttons?
Use this plugin: https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/
Can I deactivate the social share icons on mobile?
Yes, you can disable the share icons under question 5. In our new Premium Plugin you can define different settings for mobile, see https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/. The best way to share social media! 🙂
How can I use two instances of the plugin on my site?
You cannot use the same plugin twice, however you can install both the USM as well as the Premiuem plugin (https://www.ultimatelysocial.com/usm-premium/). We’ve developed the code so that there are no conflicts and you can place the share icons in one way with one plugin, and select other share icons with the other plugin and place them differently.
- Updated Url encoded
- Added auto open of question 3
- Updated location.href escaped
- Design changes in show icon after post
- Solved the unserialize problem.
- Design changes and typo corrections in the settings page.
- Feedback system updated.
- Design changes in settings page.
- Moved below post options to Q3.
- Instagram generate token removed the deplicated scopes.
- Removed some PHP update Notices.
- Updated feed claiming apis.
- Updated Mouseover text removed.
- Corrected the jQuery admin area problem
- Solved the jQuery error for shortcode
- Solved feed claiming
- Option name in Q3 changed
- Fixed the text in theme banner.
- Fixed follow icon and subscription box when Curl is disabled.
- Fixed cURL errors.
- solved: Wrong link on icons when curl not installed.
- Solved: Updated Text changes.
- Solved: Updated Text changes.
- Solved: Updated Text changes.
- Solved: Updated link for email.
- Solved: Updated the email link and subscription action.
- Solved: Updated feedback system.
- Solved: Updated feedback system.
- Solved: Errors on the footer in dashboard corected.
- Solved: Updated logic for inclusion of external js.
- Solved: Some grametical errors.
- Solved: Updated feedback system.
- Solved: After post icons shown.
- Solved: Header already sent error on some servers.
- Solved: Updated feedback system to next version.
- Solved: Responsive Icons UI updated.
- New Feature: Responsive icons in free plugin.
- Solved: Icons not rendering on woocomerce product page.
- Solved: Twitter url changed to share from intent for better reliablity.
- Solved: Lots of little adjustments to improve the UI and functionality.
- Solved: Removed Google Plus.
- Solved: Stop loading unused external library code for faster load.
- Solved: Removed curl notice while activation.
- Solved: Fixed broken arrays and missing indexes.
- Solved: Updated feedback system to next version.
- Integrated feedback system
- Solved: Unserialized error corrected.
- Solved: All curl calls to wp_remote.
- Solved: Notices in front end solved.
- Solved: Footer Error solved.
- Solved: Removed most of the html errors.
- Solved: Less anoying sidebar.
- Solved: More icons upadated
- Solved: Icon backgrounds updated
- Solved: woocomerce conflict resolved
- Solved: alert in case on conflict.
- new Feature: More icons for free plugin
- Solved: Critical Security Patch.
- Solved: Security Patch.
- Solved: security update.
- Solved: save button not working.
- Solved: compatablity issue with older versions.
- Solved: google plus is deprecated
- Solved: Sf count not shown
- Solved: Sf subscribe form opens blank page.
- solved: decreased the manual intervestions of upgradation to premium.
- Solved: Changed theme check url to match bloginfo url.
- Solved: Email validation for Offline chat.
- Solved: Premium notification breaking the dashboard structure.
- Solved: changed option for linkedin count
- Solved: ajax_object conflict with themes.
- Solved: new keyword check from page title, page keywords and page description.
- Solved: Text optimized
- Solved: design changes for chat.
- Solved: unexpected charactor “[” error for php version 5.3.
- New Feature: Chat for site admin on our settings page.
- Solved: removed deprecated jQuery functions.
- Solved: Rectangle icon alignemnt problem on some themes solved.
- Banner for animation section in Question 4 added
- Different icon for mouseover section pointing in premium in Question 4 added
- Removed theme icon banner if no match
- Solved: Notification bar cannot be seen anymore
- Solved: cleared the float elements after notice.
- Round green follow button doesn’t show – fixed
- Footer optimized
- Fixed bug that sometimes banner didn’t disappear
- Links in review message updated
- Issue with click on icons on mobile fixed
- Corrected missing ? in shortcode
- Optimized texts
- Addthis removed due to GDPR
- New option to switch debugging mode on/off
- Issue of window.onscroll function overriding and breaking other plugins/themes fixed
- New question 3 to facilitate placement of icons
- Stopped setting cookies for pop-up selection “if user moved to end of page” as not needed in this case (relevant for GDPR compliance)
- Usage instructions updated
- Facebook like count fixed (previously only fixed for likes of user’s website, not likes of Facebook page)
- Youtube count and direct follow issues fixed
- Facebook like count issue fixed
- Youtube saving issue when clicked on “Save all settings” – fixed now
- Instagram followers count issue fixed
- Twitter count issue fixed
- Facebook share count issue fixed
- Errors with “non-numeric value” fixed
- Error log files removed
- Updated description texts
- Made different placement options more visible
- Text changes
- Added referring opportunity
- Saving of links for custom icons sometimes didn’t work. Fixed now.
- Links updated
- Themed icon notifications optimized
- Banners added
- Spelling mistakes corrected
- Added more themed icon banners
- Comment to selecting of specific text and picture per page/post added
- Link to more premium icons added
- Better error messages in case of Curl errors
- Optimized review bar
- Code not remaining on site after de-installation
- More individualized offer for themed icons
- Claiming process optimized
- Counts for social buttons optimized and Instagram counter bug fixed
- Link to more social sharing buttons added
- Issue fixed that sometimes incorrect error-messages showed on front-end
- Credit link updated
- More icons added for pro-version
- SpecificFeeds adjusted for paid option
- De-installation will now clear database entirely
- Upgrade to pro-link renamed
- New option for tailor-made icons
- Activation/deactivation links optimized
- Links to additional features optimized
- Notification issues corrected
- Dismissal of notification lead to plugin setting’s page previously, this is corrected now
- Educational comments added
- Conflicts with other plugins resolved
- Instructions for trouble shooting optimized
- Facebook icon leading to empty pages (in specific cases) fixed
- Twitter sharing text issues with forwarded slashes fixed
- Links to review sites adjusted following WordPress changes in review section
- Missing counts for email follow option fixed (when there are no subscribers yet)
- Extra explanation text added
- Corner case vulnerability fixed
- Claiming process simplified
- Mouse-over for custom icons sometimes showed wrong text, corrected now
- Size of custom icons corrected
- Cute G+ icon too small before, corrected now
- Better description how to get G+ API key added
- Unsupported “live” function in jquery fixed
- Icons sometimes on top of each other – fixed
- E-Notice errors fixed
- Facebook share button added for before/after posts
- Errors fixed with color code sanitizing function
- Removed the js files from plugin and using the ones provided by WP now
- POST calls optimized (sanitize, escape, validate)
- Removed feedback option
- Tags changed
- Added Pinterest button for rectangle icons after/before posts
- If user has given an icon several functions, the tooltip appears as before, however if user clicks on the main icon then it will now also perform an action, i.e. the ‘visit us’-function
- Review request changed
- Claiming links corrected
- Icons don’t have any mouseover-effects (e.g. fade in) by default anymore
- Overkill declaration in the CSS fixed
- Custom icons can now have mailto:-functionality
- jQuery UI issues fixed
- Rectangle G+ icon now shown as last one as it takes more space (looks better)
- Comment added that partner plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/ultimate-social-media-plus/ now allows buttons in various languages
- jQuery issues/conflicts fixed
- Placing icons on blog homepage had issues with counts, fixed now
- Script issues fixed
- Text added on plugin setting’s page for easier understanding
- Issue that dashboard sometimes doesn’t load fixed
- Instagram thin-icon issue fixed (misspelled, therefore didn’t show)
- Facebook changed their API – please upgrade if you want Facebook sharing on mobile to work properly on your site!
- Feed claiming optimized
- New ‘Visit us’-icon for Twitter added which matches the new Twitter-design
- PNG-file error for Houzz icon corrected
- Incorrect G+ icon replaced
- Error message for sites where subscription form doesn’t work added
- Extra comments added how to claim a feed and several other texts optimized
- Feed claiming optimized
- Shortpixel link fixed
- Feed claiming bug fixed
- New G+ button updated
- Quicker claiming of feed possible
- Comments to share-button added
- Credit to shortpixel added
- New feature: Users can now decide where exactly the floating icons will display
- Internal links corrected
- Fixed: Targets only labels within the social icons div.
- Subscriber counts fixed
- Apostrophe issues fixed
- Conflicts with Yoast SEO plugin resolved
- PHP errors fixed
- Count issues fixed – please upgrade!
- Style constructor updated to PHP 5
- Text adjustments in admin area
- (Minor) compatibility issues with WordPress 4.3. fixed
- Updating process fixed
- New question 8 added: you can now also add a subscription form to your site
- More explanations added how to fix if counts don’t work
- Icon files are compressed now for faster loading – thank you ShortPixel.com!
- A typo in the code threw an error message in certain cases, this is fixed now
- jQuery issues fixed
- Vulnerability issues fixed
- Twitter-button didn’t get displayed in full sometimes, this is fixed now
- CSS issues (occurred on some templates) fixed
- Facebook updated API (so counts didn’t get displayed correctly anymore), we updated the plugin accordingly
- Template-specific issues fixed
- Layout in admin-area optimized
- Sometimes title didn’t get rendered correctly, this is fixed now
- Youtube API changes also updated in plugin
- Outdated (and vulnerable) JS library updated
- New options for placing icons after every post (under question 6)
- Links with ‘@’ in the url (e.g. as in Flickr-links) now get recognized as well
- Alignment issues of icons in tooltip fixed
- Layout optimizations in plugin area
- Users can now select to have the number of likes of their facebook page displayed as counts of the facebook icon on their blogs
- Typos in admin area corrected
- Vulnerabilities (AJAX) fixed
- OG-issues (caused in conjunction with other plugins) fixed
- Conflicts with Yoast SEO plugin sorted
- Performance optimized
- Facebook sharing text issues fixed
- Sometimes facebook share count didn’t increase despite liking it, this should be fixed now (to be observed)
- When sharing from a Facebook business page it returned errors, this should be fixed now (to be observed)
- Share-box only displayed partly sometimes, fixed now
- Template CSS conflicts solved in the plugin
- Adding of unwanted spans fixed
- OG-issues fixed
- Text which gets shared sometimes didn’t contain spaces, fixed now
- Plugin name in php file shortened
- More explanation texts added in admin area
- Facebook share window sometimes only got displayed partially, fixed now
- Other facebook share issues fixed
- Template CSS issues causing icons to be displayed not in one straight horizontal line fixed
- In some cases facebook counts didn’t increase if liked, this should be fixed now
- Tested for up to WordPress version 4.2.1.
- Issues with custom icon upload & custom icon removal fixed
- Box asking for review didn’t disappear in some cases, fixed now
- Some design issues with some CSS for icons after every post, fixed now
- Changes in text / guide in plugin
- Conflicts with YOAST SEO plugin sorted
- Conflicts with ADD MEDIA button and ADD LINK sorted
- In some cases activating the icons after every post the content disappeared, this is fixed now
- New option to center icons after posts
- In some cases if no widget was placed it said ‘Kindly go to settings page and check the option ‘show them via widget” got displayed on the blog, this is fixed now
- G+ window disappeared sometimes after moving over it, fixed now
- LinkedIn icon disappeared after moving over it a few times, fixed now
- Several other CSS issues fixed
- Sometimes tooltips didn’t appear, fixed now
- When plugin is activated some toggle functionality stopped working, fixed now
- Click on icons after posts now shares the post, not the blog page
- Several little design enhancements
- When user selected that icons should show floating in the bottom right they floated in the center right, fixed now
- Issues with Youtube direct follow fixed
- Number of Instagram followers not always got pulled correctly, fixed now
- When site loaded the widget sometimes overlapped with others, fixed now
- Plugin’s menu button now has less aggressive colors
- Sometimes sharing via facebook returned error messages, this is fixed now
- Conflicts with WooTheme Whitelight resolved
- Occasional problems with https-sites previously, now compatibile
- The ‘counts’ were not always correct, fixed now
- Conflicts with page editor resolved
- Last plugin update fixed Youtube points, however the ‘channel’ was as default, set back to ‘username’
- Mouseover-text for social icons now correct
- Some layout adjustment in the admin area (menu-button will also be adjusted in next release)
- Setting order of icons sometimes didnt work properly when custom icons got uploaded, this is fixed now
- jQuery updated, now most conflicts with other plugins should be resolved
- Conflicts with several plugins sorted
- Icons can now be disabled on mobile
- Renaming of ‘Youtube Channel’ to ‘Username’ to avoid confusion
- On some templates there were alignment issues of the icons, this is fixed
- Menu button sub-menu removed (wasn’t really necessary)
- Lightbox in admin area for custom icon upload shortened (was too large)
- Tags for all icons defined (for SEO purposes)
- If given only a ‘visit us’-function for the Twitter-icon, the is no tooltip anymore (like for the other icons)
- Sharing sometimes pulled an incorrect image, fixed now
- Pop-up now also has an ‘x’ in the top right corner for people to close
- Sometimes icons overlapped, this is fixed now
- Several issues fixed when users put shortcode into the header
- Sometimes our request to ask users for feedback got displayed too early, this is fixed now
- Some youtube accounts don’t have a username, but only a channel. To allow users to directly to subscribe to your youtube channel the plugin required a User ID, now a channel is possible too
- Several conflicts with other plugins resolved
- Some CSS issues fixed
- Steps 1., 2., 3. in the guide how to upload a custom icon were sometimes missing, this is fixed now
- Title removed now when using shortcodes
- Some error messages in developer tools not showing up anymore
- Several CSS issues fixed
- Shortcode now available too, so that you can place the icons wherever you want: Insert [DISPLAY_ULTIMATE_SOCIAL_ICONS]
- ‘Visit us’-option now also available for Twitter-users
- Description added for people helping to find their LinkedIn-ID
- Description added for people helping to generate their API-keys for Twitter, LInkedIn and G+ to display their counts automatically
- Design of pop-up for upload of custom icons changed, to better explain required steps
- ‘Icons per row’ didn’t work properly in specific cases, fixed now
- If user displayed counts for the icons, and picked the option ‘floating’ and ‘bottom’, the counts were sometimes not displayed because they moved too far down. This is fixed now.
- Previously custom icons got deleted if plugin was upgraded. This is fixed from now on. If you previously uploaded a custom icon, please do so (once) more. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Question #5 The ‘Sticking & Floating’ -> ‘Where shall they float?’ was storing the right value but showing the ‘Top – Left’ always
- If the floating icons on the frontend had ‘counts’ enabled for them, the counts for the last row of the icons were being cut-off on the screen if the ‘Bottom – Left’ OR ‘Bottom – Right’ was chosen as the display position
- Following user suggestions we made it easier to remove the credit link (if previously activated by user – otherwise it doesn’t display)
- Some servers don’t display svg-images due to security issues, so we switched back to png
- Removed the comment line which may be me causes the syntax error at the time of installation
- In specific cases some share-icons were missing, this is fixed now
- Plugin sent error messages if user had developer mode active, this won’t happen anymore
- ‘Visit us’ icons sometimes didn’t get displayed in the backend, this is fixed now
- Also the design of the ‘Visit us’-icons on the front end has been improved
- If the email-delivery option is used, emails now get sent out much faster (central server gets pinged)
- Pop-up in some cases didn’t get shown on inner pages, fixed now
- Some responsive adjustments for mobile
- Custom icons had some resizing issues, fixed now
- If ‘Do you want to display icons at end of every post’ is clicked there were some issues on mobile view, this is fixed now
- ‘Visit us’-icons in the tooltips were no vector-icons, which made them look fuzzy in some browsers, this is fixed now
- On certain pages sometimes the youtube icon didnt show, this is fixed now
- Custom uploaded icons got a black background, this is fixed now
- In the admin panel the plugin conflicted (in rare cases) with other plugins, this is fixed
- Pop-ups sometimes didn’t disappear automatically, fixed now
- The tooltip for floating icons now gets displayed so that it is always visible
- Several changes done to optimize display on mobile & tablets
- Issues with widget fixed (in rare cases the separating lines between widgets didnt get displayed correctly)
- Deletion of headline for widget works now
- Slight alignment issues of share- and like buttons at the end of blog posts corrected
- Tooltip from share-option sometimes appeared some other strange places on the site, this is fixed now
- Extra checks added if user enters nonsense in the admin area
- Links to our review site added (please please give 5 stars)
- Moving from the icons to the tooltips made the tooltips disappear sometimes, now they are ‘stickier’
- In specific cases the facebook-icon was displayed very small in the tooltip, fixed now
- Corrected that when only the ‘visit us’ function is selected, no tooltip is displayed
- Email-icon didn’t get displayed for all design sets (on the website), this is fixed now
- Alignments of buttons in tooltips optimized
- Updated readme.txt
- First release