Publish, peer review and get cited with your own DOI by cross posting to thewinnower.com
|Author:||The Winnower (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.2.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-02-2015|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 224|
Click to start download
Assign a CrossRef digital object identifier (DOI) to your blog via The Winnower and archive your work FOREVER using CLOCKSS. Scholarly publishing tools for individual publishers (bloggers).
- Multi author blogs
- Updates The Winnower when you click update in WordPress
- Retrieve DOI's of your posts from The Winnower and display them for citation on your paper.
- On new or existing posts find "The Winnower Post Settings"
- Find "Cross-Post to The Winnower" and choose "Yes"
- Chose at least one Topic for the post
- Click "Publish"
Your post will now be posted to the winnower!
Getting your DOI
Currently only administrators may request a DOI.
- Once your post has been published, find "You can request a DOI here." in "The Winnower Post Settings" click it and you will end up on the post's page at thewinnower.com. (Eg.
- On your post's page click "Revise this Paper"
- Find the button "Archive" - Note: Once you archive your post it can no longer be updated.
- You now have a DOI!
- Go back to your post edit page in your blog and find the "Retrieve DOI" button and click it.
- Now update your paper to save the DOI.
The DOI will now display for citation at the bottom of you post!
- Fixes Topic fetching for older versions of cURL
- Update archive link
- Topics now load more reliably.
- We now give more descriptive error messages in more circumstances.
- In the rare chance topics weren’t loaded we will no longer prevent saving drafts or updating posts.
- Better information about if you haven’t saved your api key
- Add some feedback if you have’t filled out your names in your wordpress profile