A shortcode to link to telephone numbers if the user is on a smartphone or leave plain text if not and then obfuscate the text/link
|Author:||Grandadevans (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.7.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||13-03-2013|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||3 686|
Click to start download
This plugin will convert telephone numbers to callable links if the user is on a smartphone. If the user is not on a smartphone you can either give them custom text/format or leave the telephone number in plain text. The text/link telephone number is then obfuscated to reduce the risk of spambots intercepting your number.
It is also now possible to use the shortcode
The following options are avaiable:
- Add custom link text such as "Call Me!"
- Add custom text for non-smartphone user (eg. different format)
- Add a custom general CSS class to the output (eg class="telephone number")
- Add a class for mobile only devices (eg class="mobile_device")
- Add a class for no mobile devices (eg class="non_mobile_devices")
- Turn the link feature off so that just plain telephone numbers are displayed
- Turn the HTML_entities option on or off
- Turn noscript on or off
- Add a custom noscript message
This plugin is based upon and a re-write of the plugin at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/email-obfuscate-shortcode/