This plugin provides some tools to help clean up the taxonomy messes that sometimes happen.
– Convert Tags to Categories
– Convert Categories to Tags
– Delete Empty Tags or Categories
– Identify and Merge Tags/Categories that exist for the same term
– Force a recount of objects associated for all taxonomies
– Delete any orphaned data
|Author:||Greg Jackson (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-10-2015|
|Total downloads:||1 478|
Click to start download
Categories and Tags are tricky - sometimes they take a bit of experimentation to get right, and when we change the way we want to do things and we end up with a mess to clean up. This is when Taxonomy Toolbox can help.
This plugin provides the following tools to help manage your taxonomies:
- Summarize current Taxonomies
- Convert Tags to Categories
- Convert Categories to Tags
- Delete empty Tags or Categories
- Identify and Merge Tags/Categories that exist for the same term
- Force a recount of objects associated for all taxonomies
- Delete any orphaned data
Bulk Action Convert to Category
Taxonomy Summary example
Quick Fix Actions section
Duplicated Terms summary
Can this plugin create custom taxonomies?
No. There are other plugins that already do this well.
Why should I use this plugin and not the “Categories to Tags Converter” listed on the Category/Tags admin pages?
This plugin gives you summary data about your taxonomies and takes the more prudent approach that parent Categories will not be converted. Taxonomy Toolbox also allows you to merge duplicate terms into one taxonomy.
The plugins are similar in some respects, but you should use the one that best matches your requirements.
- Added Terms/Post stats
- Updated Bulk Action messages
- Initial release