Shortens the description shown in the administration panels for all categories, tags and custom taxonomies.
|Author:||Michael Fields (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1|
|WordPress version tested:||3.1.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-01-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 226|
Click to start download
If you find that this plugin is has a bug, does not play nicely with other plugins or if you have a suggestion or comment, please create a new thread in the WordPress Support Forum
Hook it up
If you have fallen in love with this plugin and would not be able to sleep without helping out in some way, please see the following list of ways that you can hook it up!:
- Rate it! - use the star tool on the right-hand sidebar of the homepage to tell me what you think.
- Let me know if it works - Use the Compatibility widget on the homepage to let me know that the current version works with your version of WordPress.
- Are you Super-wicked-awesome? If so, you can always make a donation.
Need More Taxonomy Plugins?
I've released a handfull of plugins dealing with taxonomies. Please see my plugin page for more info.
- Fix readme inconsistancies.
- Allow terms to be sorted by description. Props Scribu.
- Only create hooks for taxonomies that have a UI.
- Responsible handling of the custom column.
- Provide a fallback in case “mbstring” php extension is not installed.
- Added support for multibyte strings in taxonomy_short_description_shorten().
- Better use of typography in taxonomy_short_description_shorten().
- Added Thomas Scholz aka toscho as a contributer.
- Fixed bug in taxonomy_short_description_rows() – moved filter into conditional.
- Original Release – Works With: wp 3.0 and 3.1RC2.