Adds a shortcode [get_tags] which generates sortable table of all tags. You can put it on page and offer your visitors list of all tags.
|Author:||Honza Skypala (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.7.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-02-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||10 602|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
All tags listed to a table
Tag cloud widget with link to all tags
Tag cloud widget gets two more options
Plugin registers new shortcode
[get_tags], which generates the table with all tags. You can use this shortcode on a page or in a post, if you wish.
The shortcode supports pagination via optional attribute pagesize; if set to an integer value, the table will be split into pages containing the specified amount of tags (lines), with listing through pages below the table. If the attribute pagesize is omited, then a full table with all tags is displayed, without any pagination. To utilize pagination, to specify it in the shortcode, you need to display the table on a real page, not virtual — please see below.
When you activate the plugin, it will display the table with all tags on a virtual page, which it will generate on fly, when needed. The virtual page can have any URI (located within your installation of WordPress) — simply what is configured in the widget settings, this will become the address of the virtual page. The virtual page contains only the table generated by the
[get_tags] shortcode, nothing else; the title of the page is All Tags. The templates used to generate the virtual page are (within your theme) in the following priority:
If you wish, you can use a real page instead of the virtual one. Just create a page, put the shortcode
[get_tags] into the content, optionally add the pagesize attribute or any other content; in the Tag Cloud widget configuration, set the URL of the link to lead to this real page.
Graphical style of the table is fully managed by CSS (cascade style sheets), so you can easily override the default lookout just by your own CSS values after calling
wp_head(); in your theme header.
- fix: failed on tables without footer
- fix: sorting did not work when clicking in table footer
- fix: virtual page not working for permalinks set to /%category%/%postname%/
- added pagination support (user request); please see the FAQ for details how to use it
- no need for user to manually create the All Tags page anymore; if it does not exist, plugin will create virtual page on fly; if the user creates the All Tags page by himself, then the plugin can still use this user-created page
- options specified now directly in Tag Cloud widget settings, no need for separate settings page anymore
- new option to specify caption of the link to All Tags page
- URL option supports WordPress dialog for inserting a link
- not showing the link to All Tags page in WordPress admin anymore
- not showing the link to All Tags, if the widget shows Categories (and not Post tags) anymore
- rewritten as class
- jscript loaded only when needed (when the table shown), run after webpage loaded
- internal optimization and code cleanup
- Initial release.