This plugin will install a set of SVG webfont icons for use on your site. Users can select which icon they want to
use and copy the provided code for
|Author:||EH Dev Shop (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-07-2013|
|Total downloads:||337 809|
|Active installs:||50 000+|
Click to start download
Default icon pack shortcode generator
Entire default icon pack collection. All available on initial install.
Custom icomoon font pack importer.
Brand new - generate your shortcode and enter icons into a post or page directly from the edit screen
Add icons to menu items without ever writing code - Pro Version Only -
Customize your icon before adding it to a page or post - Pro Version Only -
I need some help! What’s the best way to go about getting support?
Please consider purchasing the premium version of the plugin if you require support. The idea behind the free version was to give something back to the community. Constantly iterating and supporting a free plugin is time consuming and not sustainable.
With the premium version you’re guaranteed a level of support you wouldn’t otherwise get. You’ll receive top notch support from a full-time and professional WordPress developer.
If your not interested in purchasing the premium version, please register for support on my site. Once registered please post in the respective forum and I will get back to you as time permits. Pro version holders ger priority access to support.
Will these icons loose quality as they scale up?
No. These icons are not .png or .jpg format. They are .svg (scalable vector graphics), which means you can scale them as large as you want with out any loss in quality. (really….as large as you want!)
Can you change the color of the icons?
Yes, by adding the ‘color’ parameter to the shortcode, and then specifying either a hex, rgb or rgba color code.
For example :
[wp-svg-icons icon=”menu-2″ wrap=”i” color=”#B4DA55″]
What’s different between the free and the pro version?
The pro version comes with a pretty sweet icon customizer. Not only does this allow you to adjust the size, color and link attribute but it allows you to easily customize your icon without ever needing to remember any of the shortcode parameters or write a single line of code!
The pro version also comes with custom nav walkers implemented, to easily add icons to any of your menu items. This is a neat little feature which allows you to select an icon from a dropdown to assign to your menu directly from within the menu edit screen.
If you buy the pro version you will also receive support and updates for one year, for those times you need to make something out of the ordinary happen.
- Icon customizer to adjust icon size, color, link and more on the fly without writing any code!
- Add icons to menu items directly from within the menu edit screen
- Animate your icons using smooth CSS3 Animations
- Easily generate an icon container to use on your landing pages (with sweet hover effects)
- Premium support for any troubles you may run into, or the times you’d like to achieve something more custom
- Built in widget support for all icons
- No need to write code or adjust shortcode parameters manually in the pro version
- Continuously iterated on and under development
3.2.0 – January 13th, 2017
- Refactored sections of the plugin.
- Refactored .js file.
- Re-styles custom icons modal (to better match default icon styles)
- Cleared a few warnings on custom pack upload page.
- Prepping for re-write.
220.127.116.11 – March 10th, 2015
- Fixed issue with icons not being selectable.
- Adjusted the limit check for the custom icons.
18.104.22.168 – September 17th, 2015
- Tweaks to latest update – removed ‘Nice Try…’ error message
22.214.171.124 – September 14th, 2015
- Important Security Updates
126.96.36.199 – July 21st, 2015
- Update link to the pro/upgrade site
3.1.8 – May 5th, 2015
- Hide 10 icon notice for users not using 10 or more icons
- Update tested to 4.2.1
- Repair custom icon pack upload issue
- Add multi-site error checking
3.1.7 – April 23rd, 2015
- Ensure WordPress v4.2 compatibility
3.1.6 – April 9th, 2015
- Free version is now limited to 10 custom icons. Pro version allows for unlimited number of icons. ( Any sites using more than 10 icons prior to this update will continue to work )
3.1.5 – March 26th, 2015
- Fixed minor CSS issue. Some themes were overriding the font family attribute on our icons, so we’ve added an !important tag to our styles.
3.1.4 – March 21st, 2015
- Fixed minor issue where dismiss was causing https errors for some users.
- Updated Go Pro url to the new site
- Updated Upgrade Section with new tabs , info and links
3.1.3 – March 13th, 2015
- Fixed issue where custom icons did not render properly due to incorrect classes
3.1.2 – March 12th, 2015
- Fixed incorrect calls to delete_option on plugin uninstall
3.1.1 – March 5th, 2015
- Fixed bug where clicking custom icon didn’t load it into the preview container
- Added new setting to delete custom icon pack on plugin uninstall
- Re-wrote uninstall function to remove all plugin created options
- Added 2 week upgrade/review notification
- Minor style enhancements and bug fixes
3.1 – March 3rd, 2015
- Fix link styles overriding WordPress defaults
- Minified default icon styles, added appropriate element classes and enqueued across dashboard
3.0 – February 27th, 2015
- Re-wrote the entire plugin from the ground up.
- Built in shortcode support which ultimately prevents code from being stripped when toggling between html/visual tabs
- Added all new shortcode parameters to make altering icons that much easier
- Began to finalize the pro version with an icon customizer, icon selector from the menu screen and more.
- Began to update example/demo page
2.3.3 – November 13th, 2014
- Added some error checks for failed upload attempts
- Resolved two PHP warnings
- Resolved the ‘Warning: Cannot modify header information’ error thrown
- Fixed some URL structures to allow plugin to be used on localhost
- Updating some core functions
- Added new styles to dashboard icons
- Fixed hardcoded date in upload directory substring replacement, which caused issues when trying to upload or delete icon packs after January 2014 – released February 2nd, 2014
- Remove the default icon size which was overriding the users icon size
- Remove $hook parameter that was conditionally loading styles on admin end – prevented users from using icons in the dashboard
- Added Icomoon icon pack importer
- Fixed what dashboard pages styles/scripts get enqueued
- Adjusted styles to maintain consistency – January 15th, 2014
- Added pre-defined classes for easy icon styling – October 29th, 2013
- Check the demo page for more information.
- Fixed inconsistency with new rounded Linked in icon – October 23rd, 2013
- Added a new expansion section
- Added 1 new rounded Linked in icon – October 19th, 2013
- Replaced icon container holder from a
<span>– fixes line breaks when inserting icons into content – September 20th, 2013
- Made it easier to select icons by making the entire div selectable
- Added icon highlighting after selection
- Added smooth scroll back to top
- Placed scripts in external file – August 2nd, 2013
- Original Release – July 20th, 2013