Generates a drop-down list and a text box to allow your visitors to search for posts within specific categories.
|Author:||mc2w (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||3.2.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-09-2008|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||10 156|
Click to start download
This plugin creates a form with a drop down list that allows your users to search through specific categories. It allows you to choose which categories appear in the dropdown and which ones do not.
This is an example of how the plugin may appear, depending on the css styling of your site.
Look, now you have complete control over which categories appear and which don't!
Now what do you plan on adding?
Honestly, I don’t know. Comment on my site and give me some feedback and maybe we can think up something new together!
- Added option to remove child categories from results
- Fixed not working on xampp installs and other hosts that don’t support <? over <?php
- Fixed problem with auto-escaped quotes in template with magicquotes on
- Fixing problem with manual category mode.
- Code restructuring
- Easy template editing
- Added more options
- Major code overhaul
- Widgets galore!
- Added id’s to form elements for easier customization
- Created Admin Page
- Added Option of whether or not to show child categories