Collect and display testimonials from your customers. This is a fork of GC Testimonials that adds many new features.
|Author:||Chris Dillon (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-05-2014|
|Total downloads:||603 537|
|Active installs:||50 000+|
Click to start download
Admin list table
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for “strong testimonials”.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Download the zip file.
- Upload the zip file via Plugins > Add New > Upload.
Activate the plugin. Look for “Testimonials” in the admin menu.
What are the shortcodes?
[testimonial_view] – To display your testimonials as a list or a slideshow, or to display the form. The first step is to create a view which manages all the options in an easy-to-use (some call it fun!) editor.
[testimonial_count] – To display the number of testimonials you have. For example:
Read some of our [testimonial_count] testimonials!
Can I add testimonials from YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook?
Can I change the fields on the form?
Yes. There is a custom fields editor to add or remove fields, change field details, and drag-and-drop to reorder them.
After the form has been submitted, can I redirect them to another page or display a custom message?
Yes and yes.
Can I set the status of the newly submitted testimonial?
Yes, either pending or published.
Can I reorder my testimonials by drag and drop?
Can I change the fields that appear below the testimonial?
Yes. In views, change these custom fields in a few clicks.
Can I display a large version of the featured image in a popup?
Yes. This requires a lightbox so if your theme does not include one, you will need a lightbox plugin.
Will it automatically use my existing testimonials?
No. If you already have testimonials in another plugin or theme, you will have to re-enter them. Why? Because every theme and plugin stores data differently.
Can I import my existing testimonials?
It depends. The plugin does not provide an import tool because every situation is different. With some technical skills, you may be able to successfully export your existing testimonials to a CSV file and import them into Strong Testimonials. Contact me if you want help with that. Otherwise, it may be simpler and easier to migrate them manually.
Is it true that including a link to my site in my support requests really helps you troubleshoot problems?
This screenshot shows where I immediately start looking for clues before asking for more information and potentially waiting hours or days for a response (it happens).
If you prefer not to post your URL publicly, start a private support ticket at support.strongplugins.com.
2.30.8 – April 26, 2018
- Fix incorrect textdomains.
- Fix bug in form validation translation files.
- Remove obsolete German translation.
- Update translation files.
- Refactor the submit buttons on settings pages.
2.30.7 – April 23, 2018
- Fix bug in front-end controller script.
2.30.6 – April 17, 2018
- Improve embeds in Masonry layout.
[testimonial_count category]shortcode in Properties add-on.
- Update the EDD license updater class.
- Improve notification email admin UI.
- Improve notification email message when custom fields are blank.
2.30.5 – April 9, 2018
- Fix bug when email field is not required.
- Fix display of templates in view editor when theme/add-on templates are present.
- Fix inconsistent use of filter on default view settings.
- Improve compatibility with themes and thumbnail column in admin list.
- Improve compatibility with installation scripts (table creation).
- Improve check for missing add-on license.
- Add front-end “Nothing found” message for administrators.
- Add data attribute ‘count’ for found_posts to view container for troubleshooting.
- Add filter on
- Add ability to capture notification email on localhost.
- Revive a logger class.
- Minor admin UI tweaks.
2.30.4 – Mar 20, 2018
- Fix bug in slider in Firefox 59.
2.30.3 – Mar 16, 2018
- Improve slider script compatibility (event propagation).
2.30.2 – Mar 11, 2018
- Fix backwards-compatibility for WordPress versions 4.5 and older.
2.30.1 – Mar 6, 2018
- Fix minor bug in PHP7 compatibility.
- Improve real-time validation in fields editor.
- Minor CSS fixes.
2.30.0 – Feb 10, 2018
- Add option for font color in view editor.
- Add option for a custom CSS class on the image link for lightboxes.
- Add shortcode attributes for post_ids, category, order, and count.
is_email()to validate email addresses.
number_format_i18n()in testimonial_count shortcode.
- Refactor template groups into base templates with options.
- Add option to disable touch swipe navigation in slideshows.
- Simplify slideshow CSS.
- Fix bug in slider script in Chrome.
See changelog.txt for previous versions.