Collect and display testimonials from your customers. This is a fork of GC Testimonials that adds many new features.
|Author:||Chris Dillon (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.7|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-05-2014|
|Total downloads:||800 399|
|Active installs:||60 000+|
Click to start download
Admin list table
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for “strong testimonials”.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Download the zip file.
- Upload the zip file via Plugins > Add New > Upload.
Activate the plugin. Look for “Testimonials” in the admin menu.
What are the shortcodes?
[testimonial_view] – To display your testimonials as a list or a slideshow, or to display the form. The first step is to create a view which manages all the options in an easy-to-use (some call it fun!) editor.
[testimonial_count] – To display the number of testimonials you have. For example:
Read some of our [testimonial_count] testimonials!
[testimonial_average_rating] – To display the average rating of all your testimonials. Includes stars!
Can I show more than one testimonial in the slider (i.e. a carousel)?
Yes. you can show 1, 2 or 3 at a time and you can scroll 1, 2 or 3 at a time.
Can I add testimonials from YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook?
Can I change the fields on the form?
Yes. There is a custom fields editor to add or remove fields, change field details, and drag-and-drop to reorder them.
After the form has been submitted, can I redirect them to another page or display a custom message?
Yes and yes.
Can I set the status of the newly submitted testimonial?
Yes, either pending or published.
Can I reorder my testimonials by drag and drop?
Can I change the fields that appear below the testimonial?
Yes. In views, change these custom fields in a few clicks.
Can I display a large version of the featured image in a popup?
Yes. This requires a lightbox so if your theme does not include one, you will need a lightbox plugin.
Will it automatically use my existing testimonials?
No. If you already have testimonials in another plugin or theme, you will have to re-enter them. Why? Because every theme and plugin stores data differently.
Is it true that including a link to my site in my support requests really helps you troubleshoot problems?
This screenshot shows where I immediately start looking for clues before asking for more information and potentially waiting hours or days for a response (it happens).
If you prefer, start a private support ticket at support.strongplugins.com.
2.32 – Aug 6, 2018
- Add carousel option.
- Add filters to form field classes.
2.31.10 – Aug 2, 2018
- Fix singular/plural phrases in testimonial average shortcode.
- Fix bug in scroll to success message.
- Fix RTL slider controls.
- Attempt to fix slider touch problems in iOS.
2.31.9 – July 17, 2018
- Fix compatbility issue with Gutenberg.
- Fix bug in average rating calculation.
- Fix CSS columns for recent browser updates.
- Fix bug in lazy-loading compatibility option.
- Improve theme compatibility.
- Add filter on form submit button CSS class.
2.31.8 – June 16, 2018
- Fix “wait” spinner in unstyled form template.
- On forms, only show required symbol if field label is shown.
- Refactor inline style method.
- Improve exception handling.
2.31.7 – June 7, 2018
2.31.6 – June 2, 2018
- Fix bug when adding a custom field in view editor.
2.31.5 – June 1, 2018
- Fix XSS vulnerablilities reported by DefenseCode using Thunderscan.
- Add spinner UI element while form is being submitted to deter visitor from navigating away.
- Minor admin UI improvements.
2.31.4 – May 22, 2018
- Add integration with WordPress privacy exporter and eraser features.
2.31.3 – May 19, 2018
- Fix missing submit button.
2.31.2 – May 18, 2018
- Fix bug in average rating half-star.
2.31.1 – May 15, 2018
- Fix conflict with Review Markup add-on.
2.31 – May 15, 2018
- Add compatibility option for script controller.
- Add compatibility option for lazy loading images.
- Minor template style tweaks for small screens.
- Use empty star icon instead of full icon in different color.
- Change default message “Required field” to “Required”.
- Improve exception handling.
- Improve Pjax compatibility.
- Add console logging for slider when
- Minor admin style tweaks.
See changelog.txt for previous versions.