The Stop Spammer Registrations Plugin checks comments and logins 15 different ways to block spammers.
|Author:||Trumani (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:|
|WordPress version tested:||5.5.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-08-2010|
|Total downloads:||1 144 568|
|Active installs:||50 000+|
Click to start download
Stop spam emails, spam comments, spam registration, and spam bots and spammers in general. Run diagnostic tests, view activity, and much more with this well-maintained, mature plugin.
Stop Spammers works right out-of-the-box, without needing to adjust any settings. If you need more sophisticated protection, you have 50+ configuration options at your fingertips for maximum personalization.
If you update to version 2020, please clear your cache to see the new UI.
Get even more options with Stop Spammers Premium.
What do I do if I lock myself out of my own site?
Can I use Stop Spammers with Cloudflare?
Yes. But, you may need to restore visitor IPs: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/sections/200805497-Restoring-Visitor-IPs.
Can I use Stop Spammers with WooCommerce (and other ecommerce plugins)?
Yes. But, in some configurations, you may need to go to Stop Spammers > Protection Options > Toggle on the option for “Only Use the Plugin for Standard WordPress Forms” > Save if you’re running into any issues.
Can I use Stop Spammers with Akismet?
Yes. Stop Spammers can even check Akismet for an extra layer of protection.
Can I use Stop Spammers with Jetpack?
Yes and no. You can use all Jetpack features except for Jetpack Protect, as it conflicts with Stop Spammers.
Can I use Stop Spammers with Wordfence (and other spam and security plugins)?
Yes. The two can compliment each other. However, if you have only a small amount of hosting resources (mainly memory) or aren’t even allowing registration on your website, using both might be overkill.
2FA is failing.
Toggle off the “Check Credentials on All Login Attempts” option and try again.
Is Stop Spammers GDPR-compliant?
Yes. See: https://law.stackexchange.com/questions/28603/how-to-satisfy-gdprs-consent-requirement-for-ip-logging. Stop Spammers does not collect any data for any other purpose (like marketing or tracking). It is purely for legitimate security purposes only. Additionally, if any of your users ever requested it, all data can be deleted.
- [Fix] PHP notice
- [New] Send email when allow list request is approved (community request)
- [New] Approve or Deny action in request email with link to Allow List page (community request)
- [Update] Update Stop Spammers menu icon to ‘S’ logo
- [Fix] Conditional fields hidden on page load when option is enabled
- [Fix] Updates to multisite (community reported)
- [Fix] Shortcode and HTML support on Spam Message (community reported)
- [Fix] Wrong key used for the spam reason in the allow request email template sent to the web admin
- [Fix] Deny if email has too many periods
- [New] Deny URL shortening service links
- [New] Notice
- [Fix] PHP warnings
- [Enhanced] Code cleanup
- [Revert] Removed gettext
- [Fix] Hotfix
- [New] Force username-only login
- [New] Force email-only login
- [New] Disable custom passwords
- [Enhanced] 2,500+ disposable email domains added to deny list
- [Update] Support notice
- [Update] Usability updates
- [Update] Plugin audit and cleanup
- [Update] Various hotfixes
- [New] Check for Tor Exit Nodes
- [New] Check for too many periods
- [New] Check for too many hyphens
- [New] Allow Stripe
- [New] Allow Authorize.Net
- [New] Allow Braintree
- [New] Allow Recurly
- [Update] Admin UI enhancements