If you see referral spam in your analytics, this plugin is for you. It will block unwanted traffic from spam domains (like floating-share-buttons.com
|Author:||Krzysztof Wielogórski (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||07-08-2015|
|Total downloads:||1 309|
Click to start download
via Admin Panel
- Go to “Plugins” -> “Add new”
- Search for “Stop Referrer Spam”
- Install the plugin and activate it.
- upload all plugin files to
- go to “Plugins” -> “Installed plugins” and activate Stop Referrer Spam
Does the plugin block **all** spam traffic?
Well, no. Unfortunately some of the spam services uses techniques that makes them unrecognisable, but it still blocks nearly all of them 🙂
Does the plugin use any of my data?
No, not at all.
Do I need an account to use it?
Nope, no need of an account.
Can I put my own URLs that I want to block?
Yes you can! And each URL will be a wildcard. That means, if you put horrible-spam.com on the list, it will block all the trafic from that domain + sub-domains on any level.
- 1.1.5 – adjusted to new WP version and fixed issue for some php versions
- 1.1.4 – improvements on plugin’s admin page
- 1.1.3 – adjusted to new version
- 1.1.2 – copy changes
- 1.1.1 – updated version, and description for wildcards
- 1.1.0 – custom URLs are here! now you can add your own URL to blacklist; other fixes and improvements
- 1.0.5 – added check to ensure that the cron is set up; small changes on plugin’s admin page
- 1.0.4 – added “refresh now” option; improved the script that updates the list
- 1.0.3 – now using wp function to get referrer, improved description
- 1.0.2 – changed description, corrected version number
- 1.0.1 – changed blacklist endpoint, removed short tags
- 1.0.0 – official release