Adds a sticky icon to gently return user to the top – IMPORTANT: Works on Genesis themes only.
|Author:||Michael Kastler (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:|
|Added to WordPress repository:||31-05-2016|
|Total downloads:||2 144|
Click to start download
Easy-to-understand interface provides quick selection and preview before activation. Options include color, arrow style, and location (more to come)!
Easily match your site color themes.
Choose from several styles of arrows and text (also more to come)! If you have suggestions for arrow styles, please send them for consideration.
Q: Why is the sticky arrow hidden by my widgets or other page content?
A: The CSS z-index of the sticky arrow is set to 9999, so it should sit on top of everything. If it doesn’t, it could be that your widget or other content has a z-index of 9999 also – in that case, set it to 9998 or less.
Q: Does this work if I’m using a Genesis theme?
A: YES! Not only does it work, but the loading of the sticky arrow is specifically optimized for the Genesis hooks and initialization if you are using a Genesis child theme, meaning faster load times.
Q: I’ve heard of Genesis before, and it sounds cool – where can I find it?
A: If you’re interested, you can find out more about Genesis and StudioPress here: http://goo.gl/hE5B7F
Even if you already have Genesis, I would highly recommend the Minimum Pro theme – I use it for nearly all my clients because of its flexibility.
You can find it here: http://goo.gl/Qsy1xn
Q: I don’t have time to mess around with stuff like that, can I just hire you to make a nice site for me?
A: Of course! You can either email me directly at email@example.com or visit my website and portfolio at http://43folderstech.net Thanks!
Q: I’ve already got Genesis, don’t need to hire you for anything, but I do stil want to show some appreciation for doing this. What do you suggest?
A: Can I tell you I love you? Not in a romantic or creepy way (OK, if I’m completely honest here maybe a little creepy), but I do. Here’s where you can buy me a coffee, or lunch or something: http://paypal.me/43folders
- FIX: Demo screen on admin pages was not showing circle and empty backgrounds in some cases.
- FIX: Corected miner typos and speling erors thruout.
- FIX: Updated CSS to force arrow on top of page content
- FIX: Cleaned up other CSS features to allow for more flexibility of arrow and backdrop
- FEATURE: Added new background shapes – circle and ‘none’
- FEATURE: Several new arrow types
- FEATURE: Improved demo area to more easily see what you’re getting
- FEATURE: Added arrow in a circle image – shouts to cientiros for the suggestion!
- CODE: Added variety to subtle banner ads (ads appear on admin options only)
- FIX: Minor updates to fix various typos related to renaming the menu options
- MAJOR RELEASE – NOW SUPPORTS NON-GENESIS THEMES
- FEATURE: Support for non-Genesis themes!
- FEATURE: Optimizes itself for Genesis themes
- CODE: Added screenshots for the WordPress plugin page.
- FIX: Stylesheet update to remove annoying link bottom border from box.
- FIX: Changed localization js variable to string so it will process URL’s across all domains
- FEATURE: Prettified admin page with jquery transition effects and preview
- FEATURE: Added chevron, double arrow, big arrow, triangle
- ADJUSTMENT: Increased size of objects so they are more clear
- FIX: Removed extra body tag, loading init code
- FIX: Confirmation of settings saved
- CODE: Reorganized plugin structure to match best practices
- Updated admin screens so you can see the choices before activating
- Cleanup of a lot of code, much more efficient now
- Updated tags to make the plugin easier to find
- Corrected bug in CSS to allow the inner images to resize with the block
- Updated background sizing method
- Moved menu under main Genesis menu
- Began preparation for “pro” version
- File naming issue kept it from working for some installations
- First release!