Starbox is the Author Box for Humans. Professional Themes to choose from, HTML5, Social Media Profiles, Google Authorship
|Author:||Squirrly UK (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||4.7.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||30-09-2013|
|Total downloads:||160 080|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
- Log In as an Admin on your WordPress blog.
- In the menu displayed on the left, there is a “Plugins” tab. Click it.
- Now click “Add New”.
- There, you have the buttons: “Search | Upload | Featured | Popular | Newest”. Click “Upload”.
- Upload the starbox.zip file.
- After the upload is finished, click Activate Plugin.
- Done 🙂 You’ll see that this is as advertized.
Why is there no meta for google and facebook authorship?
You have to fill the google and facebook social accounts in your profile and it will show up.
How Do I Get Support For This Plugin?
We’re following the threads and based on them we always try to build up new and better implementations for the Author Box for Humans. If you want Premium Support, that also comes with High Priority, then go to:
How Do I Make Sure I Get Priority Support From Buying The Recommended Version?
It will help you have a premium email from us, on which you can get super-fast support.
After you buy it, it will show you the email on which you can write to us for Premium and Fast Support
How can I call (display) the author box in a post or widget?
Just add [starbox] or [starbox id=”login_name”] in your post or widget..
You can also add different description for the author box, by adding [starbox id=”login_name” desc=”custom description” ]
And more than that, you can add a default theme for author box [starbox id=”login_name” desc=”custom description” theme=”business”]
How can i add multiple author boxes to a post?
You can use startbox shortcode at the bottom of the content like this:
[starbox id=”john,david”] where john and david are the username of the authors
[starbox id=”1,2,3..n”] where 1,2,3 .. n are the ID of the authors
Is your team dedicated to this plugin?
You can count on it 🙂 Our team of 8 people over at Squirrly (registered in the UK) are focused on making both our wordpress seo plugin and our author box plugin the best there are. So far we succeeded in making them one of the most popular, because we listen to your feedback and you’re the reason for their success.
- Compatible with Woocommerce 3
- Compatible with WP 4.7.3
- Compatible with more WP Themes
- Fixed css issues= 3.0.4 =
- Compatible with WP 4.6
- Added the Brazilian Portuguese Language by Anderson Blaine
- Added styles for more themes
- Compatible with WP 4.3
- Compatible with WP 4.1.1
- Fix link tag close duplicates
- Added some theme compatibilities
- Compatible with WP 4.0.1
- Made changed according to GPL 2.0
- Compatible with WP 4.0
- Fixed various bugs
- Compatible with WP 3.9.2
- Fixed css and js loading issues for many different themes
- Fixed repeated header section
- Compatible with WP 3.9.1
- Removed Author Box from products that you may have in Woocommerce when only posts are set to have the author box displayed (you can do this in settings)
- Compatible with WP 3.9
- Fixed Klout score issue
- Fixed hook bugs for preview and frontend
- Update css on the author box plugin for some themes
- Fixed small bugs for Font size option
- Works with W3 Total Cache and Super Cache
- Added Font Size option for the name and description
- fixed show latest posts for shortcodes
- added show latest posts from specific category in shortcode [starbox lpc=”category id”] or [starbox lpc=”category name”]
- Fixed css for more themes
- Fixed hide from all posts in WP 3.8.1 issue
- Added French Translation by D SIGNED
- Fixed loading issues
- Compatible with WordPress 3.8
- Fixed css for different themes and for WordPress 3.8