SSP Director Tools give you means for integrating SlideShowPro Director content into a WordPress blog.
|Author:||Matthias Scheidl (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||13-07-2011|
|Total downloads:||4 544|
Click to start download
This Plugin uses the SSP Director API to pull content from SlideShowPro Director.
- Insert a single image from SSP Director into a post using a shortcode.
- Insert a photo grid with multiple images from SSP Director into a post using a shortcode. Query SSP Director for albums, galleries, tags and configure the sorting of the output. Photo grids with random images are possible.
- Insert widgets into your theme if you want to display a photo grid in a widget area.
- Sizing and image handling are according to your default settings but can be overridden by shortcode attributes.
- Use image metadata provided by SSP Director for formatting image captions.
- Enable/disable photo feed functionality which generates an encrypted RSS photo feed URL for photo grids.
- Use FancyBox to display photos in lightbox style.
Can I integrate Flash slide shows?
No. This is not within the scope of this plugin. Use [SlidePress] to embed Flash slide shows.
Can I integrate videos?
No. Currently this is not possible, but it is planned for a future version.
What exaclty does the photo feed functionality do?
Photo feeds are RSS feeds which can be consumed by other clients. You might for example provide a photo feed for all images shown in a photo grid. This feed could be imported into an application like iPhoto and thus always keep your iPhoto album up to date.
However, you cannot protect this feed by password. In order to provide minimum protection, the feed URLs are encrypted in a way that they can’t be guessed. So, in situations where you restrict access to WordPress, you may want to prevent easy access to your photo feeds and thus use the encrypted feed URLs.
Be aware that any person who has acces to the feed URL can acces the photos.
How can I configure the size of the images provided by photo feeds?
You can do this by editing the configuration file of your photo feed installation. When
http://director.myserver.com/feed/ is the location of your photo feed installation, the configuration file is
Edit the parameters of the
$sspd_feed_full variable as desired. The variable
$sspd_feed_preview is used by some feed readers (like Safari or Firefox) to display image previews. This variable can be configured, too.
- Updated for compatibility with WordPress 4.3
- Tested for compatibility with WordPress 4.0
- Implemented watermarked content. Can be set in plugin options.
- Check, if jquery is already enqueued by other theme or plugin
- Minor fixes
- Fixed the version tag
- Tested for compatibility with WordPress 3.7
- Integrated sr_RS (Serbian) localisation. Thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the translation.
- Changed default settings for number of images to show in photo grids (24) and caption position (over)
- Updated de_DE localisation
- Configurable captions using a subset of IPTC and EXIF tags
- Some minor fixes (including this Readme)
- Fixed de_DE localisation
- Some maintenance fixes
- First public release