Simple. Tiny. Google. MP3 Player. Enough said?
|Author:||Spacesuit Group Inc (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.5.1|
|WordPress version tested:||2.9.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-09-2009|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||21 572|
Click to start download
There are a lot of mp3-playing WordPress plugins available out there. This one aims to keep things simple and classy by employing the Google Audio Player service and an MP3-finding Auto-Embed script.
- Uses Google’s Audio Player for MP3 content on your WordPress website.
- Options page to configure player width, size, & background color
- Option to Auto-Embed the Google Audio Player, seamlessly replacing all Anchor tags (
<a ...>Text</a>) with the Google Flash Player.
- Option to Auto-Start the player on page load.
The player works fine in Opera, Firefox, Safari but chokes in IE8. What’s the deal?
The first two versions of this plugin did not pay nicely with IE8. I believe thats all cleared up now.
I’m having some trouble getting this plugin to work. Would you help me?
Sure. But you need to give me details. I need to know your system software (mac windows linux?) (version ?). I need to know the browser version you’re using. I also need to know the version of WordPress you are running, the theme, and any plugins that you are using.
Though its not necessary, a screenshot of the problem occurring would be great to send along to. The more you give me the better your chances are that we get fix the issue.
- Updated the plugin for the new google player URL. Big thanks to Kim Mitchell for doing the research and locating the new URL. You gotta love pro-active folks like this. 🙂
- Added default CSS Option
- Fixed duplicate id attributes that was causing a frequently reported bug
- Corrected the plugin directory path as it relates to the inclusion of JS files. (thanks to edwardnh)
- Added Auto-Start option to the settings page.
- Fixed the php foreach errors.
- Fine tuned the regex that hunts for .mp3 tags to be case insensitive.
- IE7/IE8 compatibility issues addressed.
- Now uses SWFObject 2.2 to embed the google player.
- Added option to omit swfobject.js inclusion in case your theme or site is already including it.
- Accounted for case where no regex matches are made.
- First version