SportsPress is a powerful, flexible sports management plugin that helps you broadcast your team to the world.
|Author:||ThemeBoy (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-11-2013|
|Total downloads:||482 517|
|Active installs:||20 000+|
Click to start download
Add a suite of widgets to your site to display your own sports data.
Design your own points system using the custom drag-and-drop equation builder.
Generate automated standings that update whenever results are published.
Schedule matches and display details, results, box scores, and a map to the venue.
Register teams and players on your site and create lineups for each team.
Display player profiles with configurable details and career stats.
Select your sport to automatically install presets and sample data.
Each team has a unique logo and website URL. Optionally link teams from your blog to their official websites.
The overview page provides a birds-eye view of your entire sports network.
Configure variables used throughout the plugin to fit your sport. Presets are provided for some sports, and will automatically populate these options.
Which sports does this plugin support?
The plugin will support most team sports with a scoring system. You can customize the table columns and player statistics via SportsPress settings. We’ve included presets for commonly requested sports, and you can also add your own.
Will SportsPress work with my theme?
Yes; SportsPress will work with any theme, but may require some styling to make it match nicely.
Where can I report bugs or contribute to the project?
Bugs can be reported either in our support forum or preferably on the SportsPress GitHub repository.
Will SportsPress work with my sport?
The plugin comes preinstalled with several different sports presets to help you get started quickly, but is also flexible enough to be customized to fit the need of any team or individual sport. Please let us know if you’d like to work with us to get your preset added the plugin.
Can I import teams/players/staff/matches?
Yes, CSV importers are included with the plugin. Go to Tools > Import and choose from one of the SportsPress CSV importers. Supports CSV files generated by LeagueLobster.
What’s the difference between the free and Pro plugin?
SportsPress is a free plugin developed to give sports organizations the functionality needed to run a team, club, or league website. The plugin allows you to schedule your upcoming matches and enter the results after you’ve played a game. Your league tables, team and player statistics will automatically update once you’ve published the result to reflect the new standings.
Limitations? Don’t worry, there are no limitations to the number of events, players, staff members, teams, clubs, or leagues you can add to the free plugin.
SportsPress Pro is a premium plugin made for serious teams who are looking for additional sports functionality in their website. By upgrading to SportsPress Pro, you will be given instant access to a suite of sports modules that will appear in your dashboard.
The current modules that are available exclusively to SportsPress Pro are:
- Tournaments: Create and display tournaments in a bracket/knockout cup format.
- Timelines: Display a visual timeline of player performance in events.
- Scoreboard: Display multiple event results in a horizontal scoreboard.
- Sponsors: Add your sponsors on your website and track each of their clicks and impressions.
- Staff Directories: Show contact information of your key personnel so people know who to get in touch with.
- Team Access: Assign users to a specific team and limit their access to data related to that team.
- Team Colors: Make each team’s profile page unique by displaying their team colors.
- League Menu: Display a global navigation bar at the top of your website for easy navigation from one team to the next.
- Twitter: Add a Twitter feed to team, player, and staff pages.
- Branding: Instantly rebrands your admin panel to reflect your organization’s brand.
- Duplicator: Clone anything with just one click. Great for creating multiple events.
There are 3 different licenses that you can choose from: Club, League, and Agency.
When you upgrade to one of the SportsPress Pro licenses, you can simply activate the Pro version without losing any of your data. Please note that we recommend that you do a complete backup whenever you make big changes to your website.
- Fix – API endpoints for secondary post types.
- Fix – Missing functionality with Gutenberg enabled.
- Fix – Enable API endpoints with WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg.
- Tweak – Match styling of date row in countdown.
- Fix – Calculated totals in player performance array missing for custom templates.
- Fix – Date field hidden from existing calendars.
- Tweak – Apply reverse teams setting to event blocks.
- Tweak – Add zero before days in countdown when there are less than 10 days to go.
- Fix – Venue address not setting correctly.
- Fix – RTL language support for first column in tables.
- Fix – PHP warnings for various static functions.
- Fix – Custom post types displaying blank screen in admin when Gutenberg is active.
- Tweak – Apply reverse teams settings to logos.
- Fix – Statistics doubling in player lists when player is assigned to a team.
- Fix – Display blank placeholder in player lists when no team is assigned.
- Preset – Update basketball efficiency rating equation.
- Feature – New event shortcodes: venue, officials, teams, and full event info.
- Feature – Option to choose default nationality for faster data entry.
- Feature – Date and time display options in countdown widgets.
- Feature – Ability to filter player list shortcodes by league, season, and team.
- Tweak – Improve page load for new player lists.
- Tweak – Improve iCal feed by fixing wrapping issues.
- Tweak – Use lighter placeholder color to differentiate from entered values.
- Tweak – Preserve league, season, and position assignments when importing players.
- Fix – PHP warnings when using version 7.2 or later.
- Fix – Countdown timer format when event is 100 or more days away.
- Fix – Player list displaying zero values when formatted using decimal places.
- Fix – Start of the week filters for week-based calendars.
- Fix – Location picker freezing issue.
- Fix – Custom post types pages displaying blank page when Gutenberg is installed.
- Feature – Ability to add icons to player statistics.
- Feature – Ability to display matchday in event blocks.
- Feature – Add support for commenting on scheduled events.
- Feature – Option to filter birthdays widget by week.
- Feature – Option to filter events by competitive or friendly.
- Tweak – Display pin in venue map and link map to web version.
- Tweak – Add UK as alternate to GB in countries legacy list.
- Tweak – Remove duplicate teams from players.
- Tweak – Improve player assignment filtering for player lists.
- Fix – Animated countdowns when visitor and site are in a different timezones.
- Fix – Update Google Maps API endpoints.
- Fix – Apply reverse teams to frontend templates only.
- Tweak – Increase coverage of reverse teams option.
- Tweak – Improve sorting of leagues, positions, and seasons.
- Localization – Additional legacy country code for Greece.
- Fix – Broken post author select on certain pages.
- Fix – Google Calendar link protocol.
- Fix – Undefined variable notice in player list.
- Fix – Assign past teams during player import.
- Fix – Next team column displaying events furthest away.
- Fix – Add fallback array_replace function for PHP versions earlier than 5.3.
- Fix – Add fallback for web hosts that don’t support multibyte PHP functions, causing blank player profiles.
- Fix – Newly added players from past and current team appearing in player lists.
- Fix – Player lists appearing empty without league, season, and team selected.
- Fix – Player lists with a team selected showing players from other teams.
- Fix – REST API endpoints not resolving for players.
- Fix – Empty system status page.
- Feature – Add custom details to events using event specs.
- Feature – Conditional equations for variables.
- Feature – Display the next opponent in league tables.
- Feature – Short name option added to teams.
- Feature – Automatic event titles using short name when available.
- Feature – Display featured image in countdown widget.
- Tweak – Stronger connections between leagues, seasons, and teams for automatic player lists.
- Tweak – Relative date option added to editor shortcodes.
- Tweak – Display only current team in player list.
- Tweak – Filter players dropdown by current team only.
- Tweak – Allow 0 as a squad number when importing players.
- Tweak – Prevent filtering through empty results.
- Fix – Interpreting non-integer substitution times.
- Fix – Warning when sorting terms without order.
- Localization – Add WPML support to staff header.
- Localization – Fix RTL not being applied in league tables.
- Fix – Date ranges not being applied to calendars.
- Fix – Unpublished posts being displayed in some themes.
- Fix – Display scheduled events using default permalinks via archives and third-party widgets.
- Fix – Blank general settings screen on WordPress versions prior to 4.9.
- Fix – Revert responsive table behavior to prevent display issues on mobile.
- Tweak – Adjust player-related hooks.
- Fix – Turn off responsive tables by default.
- Feature – Main league and current season settings.
- Feature – New shortcode including full staff profile.
- Feature – Add code highlighting to custom CSS field.
- Feature – Add responsive layout option to tables.
- Feature – Add filters to REST API players endpoint.
- Feature – Option to merge duplicate teams, players, and staff.
- Feature – Option to display specific event in event blocks.
- Feature – Option to sort player checklist by name and squad number in events.
- Feature – Option to filter player lists by team.
- Feature – Option to link staff members.
- Feature – Filter countdown by calendar.
- Fix – Calculate column totals in box score.
- Fix – Mismatched encoding of included library.
- Localization – Fix translation function missing around string.
- Fix – Error when editing league table using older versions of WordPress.
- Fix – Calendar templates not loading when timezone setting is relative to UTC.
- Feature – Add match day to REST API.
- Tweak – Add order to positions during preset installation.
- Tweak – Display links to add new duties and officials if empty.
- Tweak – Add linebreaks to substitute dropdowns.
- Fix – Use default full time minutes in REST API.
- Fix – Uploading custom images as performance icons.
- Fix – Displaying timed performance with custom images.
- Feature – Officials importer.
- Feature – Officials added to dashboard glance items.
- Feature – Order setting added to staff jobs for custom sorting.
- Tweak – Display only the highest order job in staff profiles.
- Tweak – Require box score importer to be accessed from within an event.
- Tweak – Add hook to declare importable post types.
- Fix – Officials meta box in events when module is inactive.
- Fix – Issues when timezone is not set.
- Feature – Player of the match and star numbers added to box scores.
- Feature – Officials module for displaying referee appointments in matches.
- Feature – New player performance icons to choose from.
- Feature – Schema microdata added to event calendars, lists, and blocks.
- Feature – Box score importer for updating existing events.
- Feature – Order setting added to taxonomies for custom sorting.
- Feature – New relative date range options in event calendars.
- Feature – Date range options added to league tables and player lists.
- Feature – Option to hide players with zero statistics in player list.
- Tweak – Allow staff members to have multiple jobs.
- Tweak – Indicator dots added to calendars with events in frontend stylesheet.
- Tweak – Box score columns are now selected by default when adding new events.
- Tweak – Events made sortable by match day in admin.
- Tweak – Competitions renamed to leagues.
- Fix – Quick edit teams not showing when filtering players by team.
- Fix – Calendar feeds not updating without E-tag.
- Fix – Admin table cells wrapping.
- Fix – Timezone issues in calendars.
- Fix – Substitute Typo.
- Fix – WordPay image trailing slash.
- Feature – Add visibility option to player metrics.
- Fix – Remove protocol from default Gravatar images to prevent mix content warnings.
- Fix – Static function displaying notice in header.
- Feature – Integration with WordPay to allow paid team and player registrations.
- Feature – New team gallery shortcode and widget for displaying a gallery of team logos.
- Feature – Added support for player career totals based on calculated averages.
- Tweak – Allow competitions to be selected for friendly matches.
- Tweak – Added columns selector to gallery shortcodes.
- Fix – Full time defaulting to 90 minutes.
- Fix – Statistic format not reflected in meta box.
- Fix – Shortcode button hook timing conflicts.
- Preset – Swap par and score in golf preset.
- Preset – Update all presets to reflect new career total type.
- Fix – Team in player statistics total row displaying as zero.
- Fix – Notice when no sendoffs are available during minutes played calculation.
- Tweak – Update version numbers of recommended sport-specific extensions.
- Fix – Manually entered statistics not reflected in player profile totals.
- Fix – Template hooks not callable for third-party integration.
- Fix – Error when editing league tables in PHP versions earlier than 5.5.
- Feature – New setup wizard for first-time installs.
- Feature – Option to automatically create player profiles during user registration.
- Feature – Choose team or individual mode for each event.
- Feature – Send Off setting for player statistics to suspend minute count for that player.
- Tweak – Remove horizontal scrolling in dashboard to fix hidden dropdowns.
- Tweak – Revert text color overrides for dark color schemes in frontend styles.
- Fix – Borrowed players not automatically loading on event edit.
- Fix – Played minutes calculation and player profile statistics.
- Preset – Update all presets to support new mode switching feature.
- Tweak – Update modules page.
- Fix – League table discrepancy due to change in number of teams setting.
- Fix – Warning message above player list template.
- Fix – Hidden box score header in values mode.
- Fix – Welcome page displaying after upgrade if preset was saved from settings.
- Fix – Decimal places being dropped from player list statistics.
- Tweak – Adjust frontend styles to allow some overrides.
- Tweak – Update modules page with new module options.
- Fix – Player list default sorting issue.
- Fix – Empty team checkboxes in player quick edit.
- Tweak – Hide box score table header row in icon mode.
- Tweak – Adjust frontend stylesheet.
- Fix – Empty league tables when no columns are selected.
- Fix – Empty player lists when no columns are selected.
- Fix – Link events setting not applied to box score time.
- Fix – Player list sorting error with non-numeric values.
- Fix – Home and away records being combined when opponent not in league table.
- Feature – Enable positions to be displayed in icons mode box score.
- Tweak – Reflect mixed column order in player list admin.
- Tweak – Remove table row border in frontend stylesheet.
- Tweak – Automatically apply table adjustments on admin page load.
- Tweak – Simplify box score icon totals.
- Fix – Adjustments not applying to player list values.
- Fix – Minutes not displaying in box score.
- Fix – Player positions displaying not displaying in box score.
- Fix – Total time displaying as 0:00.
- Feature – Option to show or hide career totals in player profiles.
- Tweak – Icons not rendering when frontend stylesheet is active.
- Tweak – Remove underline from icon links in frontend stylesheet.
- Tweak – Change competition and season placeholders in events to “None”.
- Tweak – Enable horizontal scrolling on large tables in admin.
- Fix – Equations returning zero when no events played.
- Fix – Player lists and player profiles showing different statistics when filtered by competition or season.
- Fix – Substitution icon not rendering for starting lineup players.
- Fix – Manual player performance errors in profile.
- Fix – Error in event results if team was deleted.
- Fix – Remove deprecated function in PHP 7.0.
- Fix – Non-numeric errors in PHP 7.1.
- Fix – Placeholders for non-numeric values in player list displaying as zero.
- Tweak – Center align form events.
- Fix – Reverse form array to display events in chronological order.
- Fix – Error in player lists when querying legacy events.
- Fix – Manual values in player lists when no events have been played.
- Fix – Empty timeline error when calculating substitution time.
- Feature – New frontend stylesheet for third-party themes.
- Feature – New chronological streak format in league tables.
- Feature – Head to head tiebreaker option in league tables.
- Feature – Add option to select number of players in player lists.
- Feature – Quick edit player’s team and squad number.
- Feature – Bulk edit players’ past and current teams.
- Feature – Taxonomies added to REST API.
- Feature – Ability to display event history in player profiles.
- Feature – Event list format option added to player and team events.
- Feature – Option to record minutes for specific statistics.
- Feature – Time format added for racing and timed sports.
- Feature – Dedicated option to redirect team pages to site URL.
- Feature – Bulk action to generate team calendars.
- Feature – Automatically adjust played minutes based on substitution times.
- Feature – Match day column option added to event lists.
- Tweak – Remove event limit in calendars.
- Tweak – Allow player squad number to be zero.
- Tweak – Enable mixing performance and statistic column order.
- Tweak – Filter player statistic equations by offense and defense.
- Tweak – System status hidden unless in debug mode.
- Tweak – Move event list column options to sidebar.
- Tweak – Return zero instead of error if dividing by zero.
- Tweak – Always display performance icons in admin.
- Tweak – Add preview notation in event blocks by default.
- Tweak – Single player performance name option added for hover text in icons mode.
- Fix – Player list precision number format error.
- Fix – Player list adjustments for existing values.
- Fix – Hide empty positions in player lists and galleries.
- Fix – Import button selectors disappeared in WordPress 4.7.
- Fix – Substitution time missing parentheses.
- Fix – Staff for home team not being displayed in events.
- Fix – Enable output of time and results without team names in home/away mode.
- Fix – Prevent totals override in box scores.
- Localization – Add Gibraltar nationality option and flag.
- Fix – Activation error on older versions of PHP.
- Feature – Add equation format option to player performance.
- Tweak – Add text options to change tab labels.
- Fix – Activation errors using TGMPA.
- Fix – Empty footer column in team staff table.
- Preset – Update basketball preset.
- Feature – Add option to filter players by current or past team in player lists.
- Fix – Scheduled events not queried in REST API.
- Feature – Player and staff dropdown templates added to layout designer.
- Tweak – Default tab labels from layout designer.
- Tweak – Add “Home” and “Away” to text options.
- Tweak – Add horizontal padding to centered event list columns.
- Fix – Disable numeric slug generation for events due to permalink issues in some cases.
- Fix – Permalink issues caused by filter for scheduled events.
- Fix – Scheduled events being ignored by REST API.
- Fix – Inconsistent styling of player and staff dropdowns.
- Fix – Only include current players in player lists.
- Fix – Age calculation in BuddyPress context.
- Tweak – Add options to select number, team, and position columns to player list shortcode.
- Fix – Totals row offset in player statistics admin.
- Fix – Events not automatically ordered by date in some cases.
- Fix – Google Maps error when address is empty.
- Fix – Player lists for all teams not appearing in team edit screen.
- Fix – Error in player list when team no longer exists.
- Fix – Error in event logos when results are empty.
- Fix – Issue with link to future event from daily archive when multiple events are scheduled for a single day.
- Feature – Add offense and defense statistics to REST API.
- Tweak – Hide template tabs with no content.
- Tweak – Allow selection of player lists without teams.
- Tweak – Center-align time/results when between home and away teams in event list.
- Tweak – Increase checklist panel height in admin.
- Tweak – Update text options.
- Fix – Hidden box score columns still displaying when in offense/defense mode.
- Preset – Update cricket preset.
- Feature – Add substitution times in box score.
- Feature – Add text options to change template tab names.
- Tweak – Automatically align home and away columns in event lists.
- Fix – Box score minutes display issue.
- Feature – New simplified fixtures importer compatible with LeagueLobster.
- Feature – Add match day field to events.
- Feature – Add box score minutes to events.
- Feature – Add option to display full time in event details.
- Feature – Add inline and block option to event logos.
- Feature – Add squad number and name option to player details.
- Feature – Add tab options to layout designer.
- Feature – Add option to display player and staff dropdowns in profiles.
- Feature – Add option to select TBA, postponed, and canceled event status.
- Feature – Licenses tab for third-party extensions.
- Tweak – Get player data only when needed.
- Tweak – Add capabilities to taxonomies.
- Tweak – Display tutorials in main menu if user role is not admin or league manager.
- Tweak – Use contextual strings for featured images.
- Tweak – Enable meta query vars in REST API.
- Tweak – Adopt new tab class names in admin.
- Tweak – Inherit text color for event logo team text.
- Tweak – New developers section on modules page with link to join Slack community.
- Fix – Taxonomy links appearing in admin for users that can’t edit events.
- Fix – Debug error on non-standard admin pages.
- Fix – REST API notice in Jetpack.
- Tweak – Add shortcode parameter to override global date in event calendar.
- Fix – Subversion issues.
- Fix – Use search mode in maps to prevent invalid parameter error.
- Fix – Google Maps embed code to reflect selected map type.
- Fix – Countdown error when teams are not selected.
- Tweak – Add API key to Google Maps in admin.
- Tweak – Embed code to reflect change in Google Maps API.
- Tweak – Enable sortable tables on all devices.
- Feature – Display admin notice when user is not allowed to edit an item.
- Feature – Add shortcode parameter to filter event calendars by player.
- Feature – Add text options to change age and birthday labels.
- Feature – Add option to show or hide logos or photos in event blocks.
- Tweak – Combine reverse teams option for results and box score.
- Fix – Add filter to template output for extensions.
- Tweak – Display squad numbers in defense section.
- Tweak – Display shared values in both offense and defense sections and sync when editing event.
- Fix – Hide team column in player statistics for player-vs-player sports.
- Fix – Title generator in event importer.
- Tweak – Restore career total tables in player profiles.
- Fix – Display sport and timezone selector after first installation.
- Fix – New events not saving with automatic titles when title is empty.
- Fix – Event importer not importing new events.
- Fix – Some player statistics calculating as zero.
- Feature – Integration with WP REST API by adding endpoints for viewing, creating, editing, and deleting SportsPress data.
- Feature – New drag-and-drop layout designer for customizing events, teams, players, and staff pages.
- Feature – Allow player biography to float next to photo in profile.
- Feature – Add option to display separate offensive and defensive statistics in player profiles.
- Feature – Add option to display career totals as a footer row in player statistics tables.
- Feature – Add option to display event calendar or fixtures & results on team pages.
- Feature – Add option to display time in event logos section when results are not ready.
- Feature – Add global visibility settings to player statistic columns.
- Feature – Add team, competition, league, and venue filter to event calendar, event list, and event blocks shortcodes.
- Feature – Automatically re-order competitions, seasons, venues, positions, and jobs by slug.
- Feature – New welcome page outlining notable changes to major plugin version.
- Refactor – Change parameter for sp_get_next_event function to allow custom templating.
- Tweak – Reverse team order also applies to admin.
- Tweak – Hide squad number from defense box score.
- Tweak – Use more compact labeling in player columns admin meta box.
- Tweak – Update modules page to reflect new premium scoreboard module.
- Tweak – Remove hardcoded protocol for calls to Google Maps scripts.
- Tweak – Limit venue archives to events.
- Tweak – Float team profile next to logo on team pages.
- Tweak – Display league table and player list option in teams only when modules are active.
- Tweak – Load profile and description meta boxes as native editors instead of custom methods.
- Tweak – Load team abbreviations independent of post title filter.
- Tweak – Add z-index to make header float above other elements.
- Fix – Error when league table column has no equation.
- Fix – Error when displaying checkboxes for manual event statistics.
- Fix – Venues linking automatically in countdown widgets.
- Fix – Styling issue where countdown widgets were pushed off-screen in some themes.
- Fix – Avoid loading countdown widget if no events are available.
- Preset – Update baseball, cricket, floorball, handball, ice hockey, and softball presets.
- For older versions, view the full changelog.