WordPress sort search results by title offers powerful option for developers to sort search results alphabetically in ascending or descending order.
|Author:||Codex-m (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.7|
|WordPress version tested:||5.2.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-02-2009|
|Total downloads:||5 927|
Click to start download
One of the common problems in commercial sites powered by WordPress is the desire to sort search results by post title. For example, if you are selling songs online
and using WordPress, you may need to sort songs from the best to the lowest ratings in the search results. The objective is that any visitor will end up listening the
best songs first and will increase the chances of buying the music.
Using PHP, average song ratings of the song post can be incorporated in the title for more user-friendly approach (potential music buyers) will know the song ratings.
Using “WordPress Sort Searchresult by Title”, when someone do a search using wordpress search box, all those songs can be alphabetically listen in descending order (highest
Other applications include a dating site using wordpress. Say someone would need to search names, it is appropriate to give results alphabetically listed so that
the search names can be located faster.
Currently the existing WordPress search result algorithm will only sort post by date. This is only useful for blogging, complex applications of WordPress sometimes need search results
to be sorted by post title. There are numerous applications that this plugin can be used including a online bookstore powered by WordPress. And this can be easily done bysorting of WordPress
Search Result by Title plugin (to sort the book titles or by book review ratings).
For inquiries, support and technical clarifications about this plugin, please visit the PHP developer website.
The menu settings as shown in WordPress admin panel.
This is the search result using ascending settings of title tag.
This is the search result using descending settings.
How to configure this plugin?
After upgrading the plugin to its latest version, you can now configure the sort settings for your search by logging in to WordPress admin. And then go to Settings – Sort Search Results by Title.
Is this plugin compatible with other plugins?
Probably yes. There is still no guarantee that this plugin will work with other plugins. This plugin takes control of the WordPress search. If you have other plugins that also controls WordPress search. It is possible that this will be a cause of conflict.Test thoroughly before using this plugin in a production setting.
What if I would like to add some features?
If you want to add some features, contact the author. Your feature will be incorporated in the next release if it is a popular request.
There is an error when I enable the debug mode in wp-config.php or the plugin is not working as intended?
Deactivate the current plugin you are using, then delete it in your server. Do a fresh install of the latest plugin version. Activate, that should fix the issue.
- Compatibility for WordPress version 5.0+
- Fixed PHP notices.
- Compatibility for WordPress version 4.4.
- Fixed PHP notices.
- Compatibility for WordPress version 3.5.
- Correct another $wpdb error that will appear only if debug mode is set to true
- Correct some important bugs pertaining to headers output sent early
- Correct some bug pertaining to $wpdb
- Added a function to automatically upgrade and create database if upgrading to version 5
- Added a database version of the plugin.
- Fix and stabilize some global variables to ensure compatibility with installed database.
- Added a function to delete the database table after deactivation.
- Revised the Readme text.
- Test the plugin for compatibility from WordPress version 3.1.1 to latest 3.4.1 as of July 2012.
- Added a menu for settings.
- A revision to correct spacing errors in the PHP script to work with the latest wordpress 2.8.2
- Users starting WordPress 2.8.2 SHOULD use this plugin version 2.0
- If there are warning headers sent already error in php as observed in earlier version before 2.8.2, use plugin version 2.0
- The original version.