SocialPublish is an easy to use service that automatically shares your blog post on Facebook and Twitter at the moment you publish it.
|Author:||Socialpublish.io (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.5|
|WordPress version tested:||3.3.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||11-04-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||6 058|
Click to start download
SocialPublish is an easy to use service that automatically shares your blog post on Facebook and Twitter at the moment you publish it. While other plugins rely on RSS feeds and usually have 30 minute delays, SocialPublish immediately shares your blog post. Because SocialPublish is a service, you can easily set up an account and connect your social media accounts. You don't have to do the hard process of registering Facebook and Twitter applications.
How to set up
Create a SocialPublish account:
- Go to http://socialpublish.io and Sign Up for Free! (see: screenshot 2)
- Connect your social media accounts with a few simple clicks (see: screenshot 3)
- That's it, your SocialPublish account is now ready! (see: screenshot 4)
Download the plugin and copy the socialpublish directory contents to the
Setup the SocialPublish WordPress Plugin:
- Activate the plugin on the Plugins overview page
- You get a message you have to provide the SocialPublish
- Click on the URL in the message, go to the SocialPublish settings via menu options
Settings > SocialPublish
- On the SocialPublish settings page, enter your SocialPublish
access_token. You can find your access_token on your Dashboard on the SocialPublish website. (see: screenshot 5)
That's all! You're ready to go now! If the
access_token is valid, you'll see an overview of the social media accounts you have connected to your SocialPublish account earlier (see: screenshot 6).
How to use the SocialPublish WordPress plugin
- Create a new WordPress Post
- On the editing screen, click on the right top on Screen Options, and enable the SocialPublish panel
- You're able now to decide to which social media accounts you want to share the Blog Post (see: screenshot 1). Optional you can provide a custom message (otherwise the Blog Title will be used), and hashtags for Twitter.