New admin screen with group dropdown! This widget displays all members from a SMF forum. It can display only the names or name + avatar image. Support
|Author:||Michael Stock (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1.4|
|WordPress version tested:||3.2.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-09-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
Click to start download
This widget displays all members from a SMF forum. Depending on your settings, it displays only the name or name + avatar image, if user didn't set an avatar in the SMF forum, it displays a generic image you can specify (see the example image below). Support: http://www.longu.de/_smfgm_redirect.php
The plugin adds a seperate configuration menu in the WP admin panel (called "SMF Groups"). You need to add the following data:
- Add the database connection details to your Simple Machine Forum database.
- Enter ID of the SMF member group you want to display in the widget.
- Modify the HTML code for the widget.
- If you want to display member avatars (from SMF), you NEED to modify the /attachments/.htaccess file.
Each field has an example what it should include.
The field "Limit" determines how many mambers are listed in total. Dummy image is optional. Needs to be a http:// URL. If you set it, it uses this image if a user has no image set in his SMF profile.
Important: SMF 2.0 adds a .htaccess file at "/forum/attachments/.htaccess". This file blocks all requests from different domains. So if you want to use this widget to display a member group from a SMF forum from a different server/domain, you NEED to modify this .htaccess file (the needed steps are explained in the admin section of this widget).
Feedback needed! This is a very early version of the plugin. If you like it, it can be improved a lot, for example:
- Links from each avatar to SMF profiles
- Links from each avatar to other profiles (like FB)
- More options for templating
- Tag option to displays one member or all members inside a blog entry/article
- Several predefined output settings
- Better caching/performance (though it should be suitable for your needs already)
Something is not working…
You get support at http://www.longu.de/_smfgm_redirect.php .
- Improved admin screen, bug fix.
- Member group ID is now selected more easy (using a dropdown)
- Fixed problem with admin/user access rights for some users
- First public version, works fine
- Minimal caching
- No option validation, but if it’s not set correct, you’re data is NOT harmed, so all is fine.