Responsive WordPress slider plugin to create beautiful sliders in the next generation visual editor. Awesome sliders, no compromises!
|Author:||Nextend (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.6|
|WordPress version tested:||5.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-11-2015|
|Total downloads:||2 219 926|
|Active installs:||300 000+|
Click to start download
How to create unique image slider under 2 minutes.
Edit layers with the intuitive slide editor.
Customize and style layers in the slide editor.
Full width responsive slider with gradient and layers. Made with FREE version.
Simple image slider with caption and arrows. Made with FREE version.
Thumbnail image slider. Made with FREE version.
Image slider with static slide on it. Made with FREE version.
Full width content post slider. Made with FREE version.
Layer slider with layers styles. Made with FREE version.
1. How do I add the slider to my site?
You can add your slider by shortcode or via the widget control panel or PHP shortcode.
2. Where can I reach the documentation?
3. What should I do when I see blank area where the slider should show or the slider doesn’t work?
If you are unable to solve these problems, feel free to contact us!
4. What should I do when I experience any problem?
5. Is Smart Slider 3 is totally responsive?
Smart Slider 3 is 100% responsive with each items, so it will fit perfectly into your page, regardless of the size of your desktop screen or device.
6. Can I customize the fonts of the slider?
Yes you can customize everything for every state. (hover, active, opened) The slider comes with Google Web Font support, allowing you to pick from over a dozen font families. To make using Google Fonts even easier, we have created a font manager interface that simplifies the process and preview it.
7. Can I show multiple instances of slider on one page?
Yes you can use multiple slider widgets and slider shortcodes.
8. How to include a slider in a post or a page?
[smartslider3 slider=Here comes the slider id]
9. How to include a slider into header.php or other PHP files?
<?php echo do_shortcode('[smartslider3 slider=Here comes the slider id]'); ?>
10. Does Smart Slider support sites with SSL?
Of course! Smart Slider use protocol relative urls which works fine on http:// and on https:// too.
3.3.11 – 22. November 2018.
- Feature: SVG and WEBP image format support
- Fix: Links will be able to contain || characters
- Fix: Android Samsung internet browser fix for full page
- Fix: Include additional CSS files in prerender iframes (fix for page builder frontend view)
- Fix: If Load this slider after option is used, but the parent slider doesn’t exists (like it is turned off for certain devices), your slider will still load.
3.3.10 – 12. November 2018.
- Feature: Filters for WordPress post generators
- Feature: WP admin area will use the user’s language, not the website’s language
- Feature: New target options for links
- Fix: YouTube layer updated to match the latest YouTube embedded API. The Related parameter is renamed to Show related videos from the same channel
- Fix: Private Vimeo videos
- Fix: Visual Composer
- Fix: WPBakery Page Builder
- Fix: WordPress post generator possible warning
- Fix: Font manager weight
- Deprecated: YouTube has deprecated the showinfo parameter. The Show video title option has removed.
3.3.9 – 17. October 2018.
- Fix: Thumbnail alignment and groupping
- Fix: Text layer bold and italic text font colors are now harder to override by theme’s codes
- Fix: NextGen Gallery and Divi live editor bug
3.3.8 – 10. October 2018.
- Fix: IE Edge layer display fix
- Fix: Smart Slider 3 inside TablePress on AMP pages
- Fix: PHP 7.3 compatibility fix
- Fix: YouTube iPad control fix with undocumented use_native_controls param
- Fix: Post generator compatibility with some plugins using filters on post titles
- Fix: Elementor compatibility
- Feature: In WordPress the dynamic slide generator caches will be automatically cleared on post saves
- Feature: Better slider resizing on tabs and other custom codes where the slider container is changing
- Feature: More possible post data received in post generators
- Feature: Remove shortcodes option improvement in post generators
- Feature: Alias anchor slide switching option
- Feature: Play when visible improvements
3.3.7 – 29. August 2018.
- NEW TEMPLATE: Brand new slider template
- Feature: The slider’s code is automatically skipped by some AMP plugins (AMP for WordPress and AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages).
- Feature: Lazy loader compatibility
- Feature: Gutenberg support
- Feature: Smooth scroll speed
- Feature: Hide controls if only single slide shows
- Feature: Clear Divi admin localstorage cache for slider selector
- Fix: WordPress post generator when the origin post contains Smart Slider 3 ACF field
- Fix: Compatibility with Narratium theme
- Fix: KeyCDN cache enabler
- Fix: Admin ajax fix for YOAST SEO when related post ids are used
- Fix: Borlabs cache plugin conflict
- Fix: Tablepress compatibility
- Fix: Borlabs cache fix
3.3.6 – 18. July 2018.
- Fix: Autoptimize compatibility
- Fix: Divi compatibility
- Fix: Ajax compatibility
- Fix: Windows upload path
3.3.4 – 12. July 2018.
- Compatibility: Smart Slider 3 requires minimum PHP 5.4 and WordPress 4.6. From now on the slider won’t activate if these minimum requirements are not available.
- Improvement: WordPress admin area icon replaced with Dashicon
- Feature: generator variables are now supported in layer CSS class
- Feature: slide background blur is enabled in Edge
- Feature: YouTube privacy enchanted mode
- Feature: Vimeo and YouTube layer cover image improvement
- Feature: Google fonts can be disabled at the backend as well
- Feature: Make sliders load into iframes on AJAX websites
- Feature: Use alias to create an element in front of the slider with that ID
- Feature: dynamic slide generators now check whether the dynamic source is available
- Feature: Clear both after slider became an option
- Feature: Pause video on scroll (available at all video layers)
- Feature: Jetpack Photon compatibility
- Feature: WordPress posts generator customizable date variables option
- Feature: New help page with selected articles, documentation search and better support form
- Feature: Slide level autoplay duration is not restricted from now on
- Feature: MySQL 8 compatibility
- Feature: Smart Slider 3 is removed from WordPress RSS
- Feature: Secondary server
- Fix: Button text decoration
- Fix: Controls in below/above positions are correctly centered now
- Fix: Font family: inherit is correctly applied now
- Fix: Removed webfontloader dependency to avoid HTML export issues
- Fix: wayback machine fix for slide background images
- Fix: Beaver Builder compatilibity
- Fix: ACF compatibility on PHP 7.2.x
3.3.3 – 07. June 2018.
- Fix for plugins_loaded action bug
3.3.2 – 07. June 2018.
- Fix for upgrade error message
3.3.1 – 05. June 2018.
- Feature: SEO title is now available in the free version
- Feature: the autoplay control is now hidden when the autoplay is disabled
- Feature: better Add Slide UI
- Feature: better compatibility with caching plugins
- Feature: better slide background management
- Feature: Content and Canvas layers now have different color in the slide editor
- Feature: Divi 3.1 support
- Feature: dynamic slide templates now use Content mode
- Feature: hover effects (row, col and content)
- Feature: new caching engine
- Feature: new fill mode: Blur fit
- Feature: no more xml files. Wider server compatibility and more flexible interface
- Feature: PHP 7.2 compatibility
- Feature: remove linebreak generator function
- Feature: row link
- Feature: slide background and thumbnail sync
- Feature: Static slide renamed to Static Overlay
- Feature: Thumbnail control: draggable slides
- Feature: Global setting changes are clearing slider cache
- Fix: Row stretch and wrap after fix
- Fix: Chrome video handling improvements
- Fix: Font family loading fixes
3.2.14 – 05. April 2018.
- Feature: Visual Composer support added
- Feature: Remove line breaks for generator dynamic variables
- Feature: Removed Fade on load memory limit
- Fix: ACF version 1 and 2 compatibility
- Fix: WooCommerce product page
- Fix: Check if slider visible bug
3.2.13 – 14. February 2018.
- Feature: Widget areas in WordPress
- Feature: Enhanced Media Library compatibility WordPress
- Feature: Arrow alt tags
- Feature: User related advanced shortcode options
- Feature: Control hover displaying improved
- Feature: Background color can get dynamic slide variable
- Fix: ProPhoto theme compatibility
- Fix: Layer position when a chained layer was moved to Content mode
- Fix: Hidden video layers are not autoplaying anymore on iPhone
- Fix: Elementor issue
- Fix: Google font droid fix to Noto
- Fix: CDNForJoomla fix
- Fix: Scroll fix for mac
- Fix: Safari font smoothing
- Fix: Compatibility fix for JCH Optimize
- Fix: Publishing on WooCommerce product pages
- Deprecated: Remove spaces from parents
- Deprecated: Hide siblings
3.2.12 – 14. December 2017.
- Feature: Smart Slider 3 in-app rating. Every feedback helps us to measure how we are doing 🙂
- Feature: Custom Smart Slider field for Advanced Custom Fields plugin
- Feature: Option to disable Slider shortcode when YOAST SEO generates XML sitemap
- Feature: Images from subfolders date ordering
- Feature: Web-Dorado Photo Gallery variables for non-images
- Feature: Generator variables for Content, Row and Column backgrounds and URLs.
- Feature: Simple type main animation now use transform for the animation
- Fix: Background video and YouTube autoplays for supported mobiles (playsinline and muted)
- Fix: Image from folder generator’s ordering by file name
- Fix: Proper loading of slider when fade on load setting disabled
- Fix: Server side mobile detect fix in rare cases
- Fix: Thumbnail border fix
- Fix: Disable WordPress emoji in page builders preview
3.2.10 – 23. November 2017.
- Feature: The Youtube and Vimeo layers will stop if you scroll away from them and they will continue when you scroll back
- Feature: The free version’s Image layer will have width and height settings too
- Feature: Joomla article generator image variables
- Feature: Base64 removed from async
- Feature: Elementor will auto open the slider selector
- Feature: Beaver Builder 2.0 compatibility
- Fix: Youtube certain configuration settings weren’t used
- Fix: Slide’s link wasn’t clickable over the text bar
- Fix: Search in link
- Fix: PHP7.2 deprecated create_function notice
- Fix: Wordfence compatility
3.2.9 – 12. October 2017.
- Feature: Drag and drop upload removes the image extension
- Feature: Play when visible is available in the free version
- Feature: Server side mobile detection
- Feature: Single bullet will be hidden
- Feature: Thumbnail updates on background change if the background image and thumbnail are the same
- Feature: Fallback for image handling if the mime_content_type function isn’t enabled on the server
- Feature: Force full width overflow hidden element setting
- Feature: Control normal flow (below and above slider positions) improvements
- Feature: Affiliate hoplink improvements
- Feature: Updated Google Font family list
- Feature: Frontend accessibility parameter. Accessibility: :HOVER styles applies to :FOCUS. Not: :FOCUS state looks like the normal state
- Feature: WordPress Unyson framework improved implementation
- Fix: Hoplink fix
- Fix: Base64_decode fallback when it’s disabled on the server
- Fix: Fallback when mime_content_type is disabled on the server
- Fix: Click on one slide where touch is enabled
- Fix: Font and style hover/normal improvements while blank links are used
- Fix: Layer item scroll fix for IOS
- Fix: Image URL on new layer & slide when the Protocol Relative URL is used.
- Fix: Preserve 3D in Firefox
- Fix: RTL behavior improvements
- Fix: Send as file on Safari
- Fix: Slider importing on certain servers
- Fix: Thumbnail control arrows in Firefox
- Fix: Links not working in certain cases
- Fix: Down/right gradient orientation
- Fix: Hidden col allowed to drop layers when drag on canvas
- Fix: Layer window auto positioning removed
- Fix: Hidden slider control was clickable
3.2.8 – 20. September 2017.
- Fix: Possible cache related PHP error
- Fix: Can’t save on slide settings at certain cases
- Fix: Template slider import on some servers
- Fix: Slide editor possible bug
3.2.7 – 12. September 2017.
- Fix: Possible cache related PHP error
3.2.6 – 08. September 2017.
- Fix: Debug code removed
3.2.5 – 07. September 2017.
- Feature: Column count is not limited anymore
- Feature: Post generator post meta variables
- Feature: WordPress text widget’s shortcode will be replaced, even if your theme doesn’t replace it
- Feature: WordPress twenty-seventeen theme better compatibility on specific positions
- Feature: AJAX can load the slider in most cases
- Feature: Lots of optimization to make the editing smoother and the loading faster
- Feature: Elementor 1.6.x compatibility
- Feature: Stability and speed improvements
- Feature: Visual Composer Ultimate Layouts compatibility
- Feature: Disable Font Awesome icons if you load your own library.
- Fix: jQuery 3.x fixes
- Fix: Dynamic slide Static save
- Fix: Delayed (for lightbox/tabs) compatibility fix with new tab plugins
3.2.4 – 27. June 2017.
- Feature: Content builder mode in slide editor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nRabX8miDY
- Feature: Slide library with tons of new premade slides https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzdoYHOqLnI
- Feature: Structure – build slides with rows and columns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj5BieYjxnc
- Feature: Blur effect for slide backgrounds
- Feature: Blur layer animation
- Feature: Copy and paste slides
- Feature: Move slide between sliders
- Feature: Slider displays itself in the live editor of different page builders. (Beaver Builder, Elementor, Visual Composer)
- Feature: Google font family list updated
- Feature: Adjust slider width to parent selector option for the Fullwidth and Fullpage responsive mode
- Feature: Column count is not limited anymore
- Feature: Italian translation
- Feature: Clear: both option before the slider
- Feature: font-weight: 100 now selectable
- Feature: Slide bulk select improved
- Feature: Grab cursor will only appear if slide count is greater than 1
- Feature: Other minor CSS and speed improvements
- Feature: Admin label for Smart Slider 3 Divi module
- Feature: WordPress generator featured image alt tag
- Feature: Divi/Extra Layout Injector compatibility
- Feature: Beaver Builder 2.0 alpha patch compatibility
- Feature: Visual composer backend fix
- Feature: Elementor 1.5 compatibility changes
- Feature: Tailor Page Builder compatibility
- Feature: Unyson framework – builder compatibility
- Feature: MotoPress CE compatibility
- Fix: YouTube layer Play button
- Fix: Content mode fixes in Internet Explorer
- Fix: Static slide and content mode
- Fix: Invalid item data fix
- Fix: Pre load slider id
- Fix: IOS static slide fix
- Fix: Tooltip
- Fix: Column show/hide on different devices
- Fix: Text layer
- Fix: Elementor Pro template does not show sliders in certain settings
- Fix: Show editor icon fix
- Fix: Forcing MotoPress Content Editor to save down our shortcode and not just the html code
- Fix: Lightbox fix
- Fix: EasySocial album generator
- Fix: Revolution slider compatibility fix
- Removed: Weaker CSS selectors feature (not needed anymore)
- Removed: Slide layouts are not available, use copy slides between sliders.
3.1.10 – 20. May 2017.
- Feature: Google font families updated
- Fix: Sliders not load in are cases
- Fix: Transition layer when there is no second image selected
- Fix: YouTube layer in Internet Explorer
- Fix: Arrow size in Internet Explorer
3.1.9 – 15. May 2017.
- Fix: Vimeo video start time
- Fix: Background images when tile, center and parallax background fill mode is used
3.1.8 – 11. May 2017.
- Fix: Thumbnail arrows
- Fix: Divi page builder
- Fix: Safari 10+ font loading issue
- Fix: Global settings clear cache
- Fix: WordPress posts generator possible warning
- Feature: Vimeo start parameter
- Feature: Accessibility enhancements
- Feature: Youtube play button image
3.1.7 – 02. March 2017.
- Feature: Force english backend option
- Feature: Advanced shortcode options
- Feature: French language (78%) – Thanks Bérangère Audebert!
- Feature: Tags option at the Heading layer
- Fix: Grouped layer import-export
- Fix: Documentation beacon
- Fix: Generator fix
- Fix: Thumbnails
- Fix: Godaddy WordPress plugin conflict
3.1.6 – 30. January 2017.
- This is the last Smart Slider 3 version, which fully supports IE10 and older browsers. From the next version, we will start to use CSS flexbox to improve Smart Slider 3.
- Feature: if /tmp folder is not writable, we will use the cache folder for slider imports
- Fix: Backend top menu fix for Chrome
- Fix: Loading spinner position
- Fix: Slide editor’s layer reseting for groups
- Fix: Advanced generator setting – remove links fix
3.1.5 – 27. January 2017.
- Fix: Menu fix for Parallax One and Llorix One Lite theme
- Fix: Bento theme problem fix – same class renamed
- Fix: Slider duplication fix
- Fix: Generator splitbywords fix
3.1.4 – 18. January 2017.
- Feature: Text bar title on/off
- Feature: Generator settings in more visible locations
- Feature: Image layer reads alt tags from WordPress Media Library when a new image is selected
- Feature: rel attribute on links
- Feature: Vimeo layer quality parameter
- Feature: New PHP function for developers to make importing easier
- Feature: Different CSS file incalling options from the Nextend settings
- Feature: Better error handling for different server caused issues
- Fix: Tidy settings removed (got deprecated)
- Fix: Backend editor responsiveness fix in Chrome
- Fix: WordPress post generator variable name bug
- Fix: Google font list updated
- Fix: SiteOrigin Widgets fix for the post generators
3.1.2 – 22. November 2016.
- UI Revamp and Refresh: dashboard, slider and slide view
- Completely new slide editor interface
- New Slides view with bulk actions
- New layer window
- Feature: Design presets for layers
- Feature: Multiple layer selection and groups
- Feature: Layer rotation
- Gradient background and overlay
- Feature: Tooltip for parameters
- Feature: Ruler and guides for the canvas
- Improved: default and autocomplete values
- Feature: Image area layer
- Feature: WordPress posts generator tag variables
- Feature: New autoplay code for developer customization
- Feature: Yoast SEO sitemap will include Smart Slider images
- Feature: Vimeo API updated
- Feature: Multiple layer animation selecting with Ctrl (CMD) button on the timeline
- Feature: Slider ID displayed at slider and slide settings
- Feature: Slider settings will only appear, when you have slides
- Feature: Heading layer – div tag option
- Feature: Backend slide list handling improvement
- Feature: Image layer – hotkey (A) to have the image with it’s original size
- Feature: Image layer improved handling in generators
- Feature: Simple slider type – reversed horizontal and vertical options for the main animation
- Fix: Passing PHP Compatibility Checker plugin’s test
- Fix: Export all sliders unzipping on MACs
- Fix: Decimal point on some server configurations
- Fix: Admin area autoload fixes for Nextend settings
- Fix: Youtube layer – centered option overflow fix
- Fix: Beta version bugfixes to make stable 3.1 release