Image management plugin to resize, optimize and serve images via Sirv's CDN. Includes image zoom, 360 spin, dynamic and responsive images.
|Author:||sirv.com (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-07-2015|
|Total downloads:||8 293|
Click to start download
Responsive image gallery, with perfectly scaled images.
Check your stats to see how much storage and transfer you're using.
Learn more about Sirv on the Instructions page.
Follow links to useful guides and documentation - or contact the Sirv team.
Click the Add Sirv Media button to embed images in your page or post.
Choose the image(s) to embed in your page/post.
Choose how the image(s) should be displayed (static images, responsive images, 360 spin, image zoom or image gallery).
Your images/gallery will be shown in your post.
Click Preview to see how the images look in your page/post.
To upload images to your Sirv library, go to the Media Library page within the Sirv sub-menu (in the left navigation column).
Zoom deep into images and swap between them.
Deep zoom, for big images.
Embed perfectly sized images, scaled on-the-fly to suit each users screen.
360 spin that is responsive, smooth and fast loading.
Create a free Sirv account: https://my.sirv.com/#/signup
Configure the plugin by copying/pasting the S3 settings from this page of your Sirv account.
Enable the WordPress CDN plugin.
Synchronize your WordPress library with Sirv.
- Search for the Sirv plugin via the Plugins section of your WordPress dashboard.
- Install and activate the plugin.
- Go to the Settings page and copy/paste the S3 settings from this page of your Sirv account. You only need to do this once.
- Instead of the quick installation above, you can download and unzip the plugin to your computer.
- Upload the
sirvfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the Settings page to enter your S3 connection details.
- If you don’t already have a Sirv account, create an account here.
How to embed images
- Embed images from your Sirv library by clicking the Add Sirv Media button next to any page or post.
- For help, submit the Sirv support form in your control panel.
How do I enable WebP image optimization?
WebP is enabled by default. Sirv automatically optimizes your images in the most suitable format for each users’ browser and screen. WebP is usually the smallest file-size for Chrome and Opera, so your images will be served in WebP format (regardless of what image format your original images are). Other browsers will receive either JPEG or PNG, whichever is most optimal.
Can I serve images from my own domain name?
You can serve images from any domain or subdomain that you own. All you need is an SSL certificate for that domain/subdomain. You’ll update your DNS to point the CNAME to your Sirv account, then all your images will be optimized and served rapidly over HTTPS from Sirv. Follow this short tutorial.
Can I host other files, as well as images?
You can serve almost any file from your Sirv account. Use it as a WordPress CDN to deliver JS files, CSS files, text/CSV/XML files, PDFs, PSDs and more. Think of Sirv as a complete CDN hosting solution for all your files, with the best possible image optimization and delivery.
The plugin doesn’t work with my theme
Sirv works instantly on over 95% of WordPress sites. In case Sirv doesn’t instantly work for you, we can usually resolve that within 24 hours (Mon-Fri). Just send us a message containing a login to your WordPress admin from this secure form and our helpful team will find and resolve the problem ASAP.
Where can I learn more about using Sirv?
The official Sirv Help Center is full of easy advice, including:
- Fixed issue with single spins on a page.
- Updated statistic API
- Fixed js errors and some issues with responsive images.
- Fixed small issue with responsive view in editor.
- Responsive image galleries can now be embedded in pages/posts.
- Image zoom has 5 new options: thumbnail position; thumbnail shape; mousewheel zoom; immediate fullscreen zoom; context menu.
- 360 spin has 3 new options: spin method (drag/hover); autospin duration; rotation speed.
- New “Help” section, with 8 tutorials for popular Sirv features.
- Animated progress bar during image synchronization.
- Better logic for image embedding, to save time.
- Synchronization errors are now displayed, to help identify any issues.
- Improved logic for profiles, to use the Default profile from your Sirv account.
- Automatically open the Settings page after plugin activation.
- Display latest sync status if leaving then returning to sync page.
- Simplified descriptions for all options.
- Simplified contact page.
- New look, with a serving of spaciousness.
- Plus many refinements and optimizations behind the scenes.
- Updated “tested up” field. Plugin fully supports WP 4.9.
- Simplified method to enable/disable WordPress image library synchronisation and Responsive images.
- Added ability to serve responsive images whenever possible.
- Removed folder Profiles
- Fixed issue with creating folders
- Improved upload files to Sirv.
- Sync & Cache tab renamed to Synchronization. Completely rewritten and improved for clarity.
- Removed priority from contact form.
- Added different optimizations to the code.
- Fixed issue with custom WordPress path.
- Fixed issue with global profles.
- New option to set profiles to your image, with profiles. Useful for adding watermarks, text overlays, image optimizations and otherwise changing the image style.
- Apply different image styles to Featured Images, Post Thumbnails and Sirv shortcodes.
- Profiles optimization.
- CSS fix for shortcodes.
- Fixed small issue with php lower than 5.5.0
- New stats section added.
- Improved WordPress image hosting synchronization options.
- Simpler instructions for emptying Sirv WordPress image CDN.
- Bug fixes.
- Forced images sync functionality added.
- Address possible issue with unicode symbols in file names.
- Added uploading images progress bar.
- Fixed possible issue with sirv options.
- Removed S3 Endpoint field.
- Updated “tested up” field. Plugin fully supports WP 4.8.
- Update cache description.
- Fixed possible issue in admin area.
- Update description.
- Updated screenshots.
- Updated styling to match Sirv palette.
- Code refactoring.
- Fixed possible issue with wrong image path.
- Fixed possible issue with wrong image resize.
- Updated Cache section on plugin settings page.
- Added ‘Custom domain’ option.
- Discontinued AWS SDK usage.
- Added fix for opengraph images.
- Updated readme.txt file.
- Address possible issue with failed https detection.
- CSS fixes.
- Corrected issue with disabled field.
- Fixed issue with disabled option field.
- Contact form added for easier access to Sirv support team.
- Simplified S3 configuration.
- Refined folder searching.
- Fix media library styles.
- Added CDN functionality for featured images.
- Options page redesigned.
- Fix media library styles.
- Fix compatibility issue with Yoast SEO plugin.
- Updated logo.
- New default style for folder icon.
- New default style, without shadow around edge.
- Fix security issue.
- Fix minor issues.
- Added ability for 3rd party plugin integrations.
- Integrated with the “Featured Image From URL” plugin.
- Better static images support.
- Fix minor issues.
- Quick-access embed button “Add Sirv Media” right next to the standard WordPress “Add Media” button when you’re editing a page/post.
- Media Library page for fast browsing and uploading to your Sirv image library.
- Easier choice of image effects – embed as Image Zoom, Image Gallery, Plain Image or 360 Spin.
- Faster image selection using Shift key to choose multiple images.
- 5-step tutorial with screenshots added to the Settings page.
- The first release of the official Sirv plugin for WordPress.