Embed YouTube video beautifully on your WordPress site
|Author:||naa986 (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.5.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-07-2014|
|Total downloads:||88 453|
|Active installs:||8 000+|
Click to start download
Simple YouTube Embed plugin is the easiest way to embed YouTube videos in WordPress with native lazy loading support. This plugin extends the default YouTube embed with advanced player parameters.
Simple YouTube Embed allows you to lazy load your videos by using the native lazy loading mechanism supported in your browser (The same mechanism that WordPress uses to lazy load images).
Simple YouTube Embed is easy to use because there is no setting to configure. It uses the oEmbed API so your videos will be responsive and provide all the benefits that core WordPress YouTube embed has to offer. YouTube videos on your website will continue to work even if you choose to deactivate the plugin.
- Embed YouTube videos with lazy loading.
- Improve your website performance and Google PageSpeed score.
- Pretty YouTube video embed.
- Responsive and mobile friendly.
- No setting to configure. Install, activate and start using it.
- No YouTube API key needed.
- Automatically play a video.
- Enable/Disable display of suggested videos when the video finishes.
- Enable/Disable player controls.
- Enable/Disable video information.
- Enable/Disable fullscreen.
Simple YouTube Embed Usage
Create a new post/page and add a YouTube block. Copy and paste the YouTube video URL into it. For example:
YouTube Video Autoplay
In order to automatically play a video you can add “autoplay=1” to your YouTube URL.
Related YouTube Videos
In order to disable related videos from showing you can add “rel=0” to your YouTube URL.
YouTube Video Controls
If you do not want to show player controls you can add “controls=0” to your YouTube URL.
YouTube Video Fullscreen
If you do not want to allow fullscreen option in the player you can add “fs=0” to your YouTube URL.
For documentation please visit the Simple YouTube Embed plugin page
Can I use this plugin to lazy load YouTube videos?
Can I use this plugin to embed a YouTube video with High Quality Thumbnail?
Is this plugin responsive?
- Added native lazy loading support for YouTube videos.
- Some improvements to make it compatible with the block based editor.
- A preview of the YouTube video is now shown in the visual editor instead of a blank background.
- Compatible with WordPress 4.8
- Updated all the permalinks
- Added an option to prevent video information from displaying in the YouTube player
- Added an option to prevent fullscreen button from displaying in the YouTube player
- Updated the translation files so the plugin can take advantage of language packs
- Simple YouTube Embed is now compatible with WordPress 4.4
- Simple YouTube Embed is now compatible with WordPress 4.3
- Fixed “black bars” that would show up on the sides of the video and thumbnail
- If high definition is not available for a video it will embed with a low quality thumbnail
- Added an option to disable related videos
- Added an option to disable player controls
- First commit