Seamlessly replaces images with @2x versions on Retina and other high pixel density screens. Change is performed server side saving requests.
|Author:||Jonathan Desrosiers & Slocum Design Studio (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.4.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||14-07-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||25 005|
|Active installs:||7 000+|
Click to start download
Seamlessly switches out images on Retina and other high pixel density screens with @2x versions.
The switch happens server side saving on HTTP requests.
No action is required on your part other than to activate it and to regenerate your thumbnails with the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
- Detects a HighDPI screen such as a Retina display
- Detects all image sizes added using add_image_size() and adds @2x versions.
- Replaces featured thumbnails and content images with the @2x versions for users with HighDPI screens.
Setup is easy.
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- If you already have images on your site, running the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin will help by generating the new image sizes created by the plugin.
It does not work for me
Are you using any form of caching? Unfortunately the plugin currently does not play friendly with caching.
It works, but the images served on high pixel density screens are the full size images.
Running the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin will help by generating the new image sizes created by the plugin.
The images still look pixelated on high pixel density screens
The plugin can not scale up images. In order for this to work, the original images need to be at least double the dimensions of the desired image size.
- Fixing bug when using full image size. Props Tavicu.
- Added gallery support. Thumbnails are now @2x versions.
- Hello World!
- Let’s make our WordPress site look great on Retina and other high DPI screens super easy.