Simple Tagging is another tagging plugin for WordPress: smarter, better, faster 🙂 Tag Cloud, Related Posts, Related Tags, Tags Tabs (new!) and more.
|Author:||Amaury BALMER (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.0.10|
|WordPress version tested:||2.2.3|
|Added to WordPress repository:||12-05-2007|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||43 674|
Click to start download
For WordPress 2.3 and upper : Please try and use Simple Tags Plugins
The two mostly used tagging plugins are the Ultimate Tag Worrior (UTW) and Jerome’s Keywords.
I think most people use UTW, however especially its performance has been criticized in the past. Also, it does not provide a auto-complete type-ahead dropdown menu when tagging posts but it always displays all tags of the entire WordPress installation which can be quite annoying if you have really many tags.
Jerome’s Keywords is unfortunately still in beta and it seems that the project will not be continued.
With Simple Tagging Plugin, I’ve coded another tagging plugin for WordPress which is based on Jerome’s Keywords plugin and can '''import''' all your tags from UTW or Jerome.
It provides you with everything you need for tagging, in the following a list of the features:
- Import your tags from UTW or Jerome’s Keywords
- A field for tagging your posts easily incl. type-ahead feature
- Display Tags of the current posts
- A tag cloud with various options
- Displaying a list of related posts
- Related Tags feature when browsing your tags (idea stolen from del.icio.us)
- Adding tags (& categories if enabled in the options) as meta keywords in the header
- Adding tags as categories in the feed (this will index your tags with Technorati)
- Tag management: rename tags, delete tags, replace tags, convert categories to tags, etc.
- Support of embedded tags ([tags]tag1, tag2, tag3[/tags]): You can tag posts directly by entering the tags in the post using [tags]tag1, tag2, tag3[/tags]. This makes it possible to tag posts when you use an external blogging application like BlogDesk or Windows Live Writer.
- A feed (RSS, RSS2, Atom) for any tag
- Tag cloud for specific category
- Automatically display the tags of a post after the post content
- Generate Tag Tabs with jQuery !
- Manage Tags Cloud in FULL WordPress Mu Site !
- List posts from all blogs for a specific tags in WordPress Mu !
- Edit mass tags ! 20 posts at the same time !
I can import my tags from Ultimate Tag Warrior ?
Yes ! Simple Tagging allow importing from UTW or Jerome’s Keywords
Simple Tagging are compatible with WordPressMu ?
Yes ! But you must have PHP5 for this part.
An conversion tools to official tag (WP2.3) will be created and maintened ?
Yes ! (by default in WP)