Display a simple banner/bar at the top of your website.
|Author:||Ryan Petersen (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0.1|
|WordPress version tested:||5.3.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||14-07-2015|
|Total downloads:||97 712|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
This plugin makes it easy to display a simple announcement banner or bar at the top of your website. You can easily customize the color of the links, text, and background of the bar from within the settings. You can also customize to your heart’s desire by adding your own custom CSS. There’s also a fancy preview section within the settings so you can see your changes before you save them.
This is the first screen shot.
This is the second screen shot.
This is the third screen shot.
This is the settings page... and the fourth screen shot.
Can I create my own CSS for the banner?
- Added version number to css and js file to force update on version change.
- Removed addslashes version of text now that message is handled via js.
- Optimized scripts for loading banner, added debug mode for troubleshooting.
- Change pro version payment link again.
- Change pro version payment link.
- Add jQuery back for compatibility issues.
- Removed jQuery dependency from project.
- Fixed settings page bugs, tested to WordPress v5.0.2.
- Fixed script bug.
- Fixed svn repo files.
- Fix bug with banner text newlines.
- Update Donate button color.
- Fixed script loading bug again.
- Fixed script loading bug.
- Added Pro version features.
- Fix bugs with preview banner onchange events and escape attributes with Simple Banner Text instead of converting to html codes.
- Added Donate button, small settings page CSS tweaks.
- You can now use single quotes or double quotes for Simple Banner Text.
- Rollback use of esc_attr() with banner text for now as it broke all links from showing properly.
- Improve code structure for preview banner, add inner html preview. Banner text uses esc_attr().
- Add text to show scoping of custom CSS.
- Tested on recent WordPress versions
- Removed CSS that caused banner to disappear on screens less than 900px wide.
- Fix for themes with padding and margin applied to body.
- Fixed banner for themes that don’t already have jquery added.
- Fixed readme and added logo.
- First Version.