Adds a simple "Notes" section to the admin menu for taking down….notes
|Author:||Wycks (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.5|
|WordPress version tested:||3.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||23-09-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||9 698|
Click to start download
Like a built in notepad, leave notes for clients or yourself in the WordPress admin. Attach notes to above or below the editor of a post (or page or custom post type) and also has a default "Notes" section available from the admin menu which you can hide or show.
The style of the notes section has been updated with the changes in WordPress 3.8+. Please note that the UI will not look great on WordPress version lower then 3.8 and there are no plans to fix this.
- Uses WordPress's built in custom post types
- Functions with default WYSIWYG editor
- Uses WordPress's meta fields if set to display on post edit screens
- Shows "Notes" on one page in tab format (can be excluded)
- Will not show in front end or search
- Requires default post privileges
- It is currently only possible to set one note per post and one location (above or below editor)
- Works with password protection in default section
Please report issues to: https://github.com/wycks/Simple-Admin-Notes
A screenshot of Notes in the Admin and the Notes menu.
Choose to display notes on certain posts by id.
- Removed Notes from showing in drag and drop admin menu area
- Updated the UI to make it look like 3.8’s admin
- Fixed lists (ul and ol) from not showing
- Fixed bottom padding for long notes
Fixed bug in notes query
Fixed bug in meta query for id’s
Removed custom fields form showing in dropdown
Added checkbox toggle
Fixed CSS issues with jQuery UI
Added ability to exclude notes from “notes” section
Added ability to add notes to post/pages above and below editor , requires id.
- Fixed tab issue due to extra ul
- Fixed Broken ul html tag