Provides an alternative category widget featuring fine grained control for use with the Shopp plugin.
|Author:||Barry Hughes (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.2.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-06-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||2 264|
Click to start download
This plugin works with and depends upon the Shopp e-commerce plugin for WordPress. It is designed to integrate with the 1.2.x branch of Shopp and has been successfully tested with Shopp 1.2.1.
Enough of that, what does it do?
- Shopp already ships with a widget that can be used to display product categories. This is an alternative to that widget.
- Select only those categories that you wish to include, ignore the rest.
- Easy to use: simply check the boxes for the relevant categories, choose the display mode (dropdown, regular list etc) and you're done.
- A convenient way to build category-based store menus in the sidebar!
It's ridiculously easy to use. No need to build a list of category IDs or anything else - just select the categories you wish to include, choose the appropriate formatting style and you're done.
Can I use CSS to style the currently active menu item?
Not yet, this will be added in a future version.
Does it work with Shopp 1.1.9 or earlier?
No it does not.
Can it display the list of categories as a dropdown menu?
Of course! It can be a regular unordered list or a dropdown (select element) and in either case it can render in either hierarchical or flat mode.
- Completely refactored for Shopp 1.2.x
- Improved rendering of hierarchies including a strategy to deal with orphaned sub-categories
- Corrected the plugin’s meta description