Lets you add posts to your front page on an opt-in basis.
|Author:||Denis de Bernardy & Mike Koepke (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.0.7|
|Added to WordPress repository:||05-12-2008|
|Total downloads:||34 859|
Click to start download
This plugin has been retired. No further development will occur on it.
The Opt-In Front Page plugin lets you add posts to your front page on an opt-in basis, rather than remove posts on an opt-out basis. This allows you to manage any number of asides categories.
In short, only posts in your "Blog" (or "News") category will appear on your front page and its RSS feed when you use this plugin.
It changes your main category's url as relevant, and it fallbacks to normal blog mode when no 'blog' (or 'news') category exists or when the latter is empty.
You can safely change your "Blog" or "News" category's name after it is created: The opt-in front page plugin looks for the category with a slug of "blog" or "news".
If no posts can be found in the blog or news category then all posts will be displayed.
Please note that Opt-in front page automatically creates/fills in the needed main category when it activates. You can always browse Posts / Categories to delete it.
No further support is provided.
- Development has ceased on this plugin. Updated source and readme accordingly
- WP 4.0 compat
- Clear internal cache upon WP upgrade
- Code refactoring
- WP 3.9 compat
- WP 3.8 compat
- WP 3.6 compat
- PHP 5.4 compat
- Fix non static calling warning
- WP 3.5 compat
- Enhance memcached support
- Apply filters to permalinks
- Fix the main category cache on new sites
- Implement an auto-installer
- Use the taxonomy API to fetch the main category
- Support the use of “News” in addition to “Blog”
- Code enhancements and optimizations