Search by Algolia is the smartest way to improve search on your site. Autocomplete is included, along with full control over look, feel and relevance.
|Author:||Algolia (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-09-2016|
|Total downloads:||41 203|
|Active installs:||4 000+|
Click to start download
Instant-search results configuration.
Autocomplete dropdown configuration.
Autocomplete dropdown example.
Instant-search results page example.
- PHP version 5.3 or greater (PHP 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater (MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended)
- Some payment gateways require fsockopen support (for IPN access)
- Requires WordPress 3.7+ (WordPress 4.4+ is recommended because we will drop support below it in upcoming releases)
Visit the Search by Algolia server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Search by Algolia, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “Algolia” and click Search Plugins. Once you’ve found our search plugin you can view details about it such as the point release, rating and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
The manual installation method involves downloading our search plugin and uploading it to your webserver via your favourite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work like a charm; as always though, ensure you backup your site just in case.
Where can I find Search by Algolia documentation and user guides?
- For help setting up and configuring Search by Algolia please refer to our user guide
- For extending or theming the Autocomplete dropdown, see our Autocomplete Customization guide.
- For extending or theming the Instant Search results page, see our Search Page Customization guide.
Will Search by Algolia work with my theme?
Yes; Search by Algolia will work with any theme, but the Instant Search results page may require some styling to make it match nicely.
Where can I report bugs or contribute to the project?
Bugs can be reported either in our support forum or preferably on the Search by Algolia GitHub repository.
My issue is not listed here, what should I do?
Please check out the Frequently Asked Questions on our website which might have more information than this thread.
It will also give you guidance about where to ask support if your question is not covered.