Plugin allows to select category which will be used to generate permalink on
post edit page. Use custom permalink option %scategory%.
|Author:||Dmytro Shteflyuk (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.7.0|
|WordPress version tested:||2.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-04-2007|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||9 769|
Click to start download
Permalink option of WordPress
%category% has one great limitation –
when this option is selected, WordPress uses category with lowest ID for
permalink generation. This plugin is intented to bypass WordPress permalinks
limitation and allows you to select category for permalink generation.
If you have any suggestions, found a bug, or just wanted to say "thank you",– feel free to email me firstname.lastname@example.org. Promise, I will answer every email I received.
If you want to contribute your code, see the Development section under the Other Notes tab.
Every page on my site respond with 404 error
Go to Options/Permalinks page in Site Admin and click Save Changes to
First category is used for permalinks instead of selected
Check the permalinks structure you used (Options/Permalinks). You should
%scategory% instead of
I love this plugin. How to do a favor to the author?
Just vote for this plugin on WordPress.org.
And thank you!
0.6.2 (July 30, 2009)
- Nothing really changed. Just to force WordPress to update version.
0.6.1 (July 30, 2009)
- Fixed blank page when post edit page requested.
- Fixed “Primary” link appear on all sub-categories, when category selected.
0.6.0 (July 30, 2009)
- Client side script completely rewritten. New visual look and better
usability (thanks to Nikolay Kolev).
0.5.0 (July 28, 2009)
- Fixed problem with Subscribe2 plugin (thanks to Paul Wagorn).
- Performance improvement (update meta tags only once per save).
0.4.0 (July 21, 2009)
- Fixed not-found bug when
- Fixed not-found bug when paged comments enabled (
0.3.0 (April 4, 2008)
- Fixed bug when pages was not found in WordPress 2.5.
v0.2.2 (May 20, 2007)
- Sometimes radio buttons was not displayed (thanks to Vince Caughley and Sam Keen).