|Author:||CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder, Eindhoven, The Netherlands (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||10-06-2014|
|Total downloads:||5 919|
Click to start download
This plugin allows the visitor to read the content of a WordPress web page / post, using the ‘Rocket Reader’
It’s a nifty Speed-Reading plugin. Using the Rocket Reader you can decrease the reading time of an article by, maybe, as much as 80%!
The key is to reduce the eye movement while reading.
In the traditional way of reading, your eyes are constantly moving left to right, and back, loosing precious time (and it’s very tiring too!).
This plugin is presenting the words one by one and it uses a focal point (also called Optical Recognition Point, ORP).
Research proved that your eyes are always looking for a specific point within a word for faster recognition of the pattern.
So by highlighting that focal point it makes reading even way faster!
You can find the settings page in the WP Admin Panel » Settings » Rocket Reader Opts.
CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder, Eindhoven, The Netherlands – http://cagewebdev.com – http://rvg.cage.nl
Plugin URL + Live Demo
Currently supported languages
- English [en_US] – default language, by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
- Dutch [nl_NL] – translated by Rolf van Gelder, CAGE Web Design – http://cagewebdev.com
Plugins by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
WordPress plugins created by CAGE Web Design | Rolf van Gelder
NO WARRANTY, USE AT OWN RISK!
- WP Admin Panel » Settings » Rocket Reader Opts
- Add a custom field to that specific post / page named ‘enable_rocket_reader’ and give it the value ‘Y’ (for YES).
See http://cagewebdev.com/rocket-reader/ for more info.
- CHANGE: Several minor changes and improvements
- BUG FIX: Bug fixed with adding the reader to all posts/pages
- CHANGE: Total revamp of the code + several improvements
- CHANGE: Visual Composer tags are removed from the reader
- NEW: added a new option: Minimum Number of Words for showing the Rocket Reader button
- NEW: a link to the settings page on the main plugin page
- BUG FIX: lt, gt and amp replacement removed
- CHANGE: several minor changes / updates
- Something went wrong with the deployment of 1.4…
- CHANGE: css improvements
- CHANGE: files moved to sub folders
- CHANGE: other minor improvements
- Some minor updates
- NEW: a popup can be used to read the animated text (optional)
- NEW: plugin has been fully localized
- NEW: dutch language support [nl_NL] added
- CHANGE: fixed some bugs and many improvements
- Minor updates
- NEW: Two new buttons for quickly adding / deleting the Rocket Reader to / from ALL posts and pages
- CHANGE: Per DEFAULT the Rocket Reader is NOT SHOW now on a post or page!
- CHANGE: The custom field ‘disable_rocket_reader’ has been replaced by the custom field ‘enable_rocket_reader’
- CHANGE: The Rocket Reader HTML is added dynamically after the page is loaded; makes it more theme independant.
- Some major improvements
- CHANGE: Excerpts don’t show the Reader anymore (useless for +/- 50 words…)
- BUG FIX: Fixes a bug while displaying excerpts
- BUG FIX: The vertical alignment of the word within the reading pane has been fixed
- NEW: Disable the reader for a specific post / page with a custom field (‘disable_rocket_reader’)
- BUG FIX: Get the content of the post straight from the database for indexing the words
- BUG FIX: Skip post_types other than ‘post’ and ‘page’
- BUG FIX: Some special characters replaced
- BUG FIX: Bug fixed when trying to play more than one controls simultanuously
- NEW: Control fading in- and out
- CHANGES: Several minor changes
- NEW: A new button for toggling the font weight: normal / bold (stored in a cookie)
- CHANGES: Several minor changes
- INITIAL RELEASE