Customizable plugin, that nicely displays related posts thumbnails under the post.
|Author:||WPBrigade (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.9|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-05-2010|
|Total downloads:||296 689|
|Active installs:||30 000+|
Click to start download
- Extract zip in the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Customize plugin settings at menu Related Posts. Find it at the left bottom of the side menu in wp-admin.
How does this plugin decide which image to use as post thumbnail?
If your theme supports WordPress Posts Thumbnail feature and post has a specified Post Thumbnail as seen on Edit Post page, when this image will be used as a post thumbnail in related posts. The size of the image is determined by plugin setting ‘Post-thumbnails name’.
If your theme does not support Post Thumbnail feature or post has no assigned thumbnail, when the first image on the post will be used as a thumbnail.
Does plugin support external images, e.g. uploaded on Flickr?
There is no direct support of external images in the current version of the plugin. You can use custom field option. Or you can use https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/generate-post-thumbnails/ or similar plugin to save external images as post thumbnails.
What is the default image URL?
If there are no images of the specified size in the post, or file does not exist on the server the default image will be used as a post thumbnail. You can upload your image on server and specify its URL in plugin settings.
- BugFix: Center align output and image.
- Compatible with 4.8
- Multiple bugfixes
- Fixed Category Settings bug.
- [BugFix] Improved.
- [BugFix] Top Text title allows h1 to h6 tags now.
- [BugFix] Removed deprecated constructors for Related Posts widget. Compatible with PHP 7.0
- Major UI changes for admin settings and compatibility with WP 4.5
- compatibility with WP 4.4
- backwards compatibility with WP 2.9
- Added support of custom post types and custom taxonomies
- Added multibyte strings support
- Fixed a bug with double quotes in title
- Fixed a bug with stripping shortcodes
- Added Indonesian translation
- Fixed bug: when not all categories selected and tags only, wrong behavior
- Optimized performance
- Searching for post thumbnail in post body if no assigned Featured Image was set
- Added possibility to show only posts with thumbnails for themes, that support Post Thumbnails
- Removed filter, responsible for image existence
- Fixed bug, if category has 1 post and relation is based on categories, than no posts will be shown
- Font-family can have quotes in settings
- Added Turkish and German versions
- Added clean HTML option without plugin CSS, fixed background color change
- Fixed relative custom url
- Fixed selection of categories on plugin settings page
- French version updated
- Added option to set theme php resizing script
- Improved plugin performance with high number of posts
- PHP configuration allow_url_fopen is taken into account
- Added start date to exclude old posts
- Fixed display, only posts now
- Separated categories – which are displayed amoung thumbnails and on which thumbnails are displayed
- Random relation, for random posts display
- PHP 4.3 compatible now according to WordPress requirements
- tested with WordPress 3.0
- Thanks to Li-An it now has French version.
- Excerpts will be generated if no excerpt were defined.
- Developer mode to see debugging info in HTML source.
- added php tag for use in theme
- added option to turn off automatic appending
- set title length 0 for no title
- added excerpt
- added sidebar widget
- added shortcode
- removed PHP warning on settings page somebody may experience
- full HTML support in top text field
- removed PHP warnings for getimagesize and file if wrong header was received
- fixed Categories and Tags confusion (when you selected Categories relation was based on Tags and vice versa)
- added Categories option to select specific categories
- added post custom field name option as a source for thumbnails
- Released plugin initial version