Display your currently latest, oldest, most-commented or other post with a permanent link.
|Author:||Chatty Mango (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.1.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-05-2015|
|Total downloads:||11 137|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
1. What if more than one post match the criteria (e.g. two have the same comment_count)?
There can be only one winner. The post that would be first in the list (as determined by WP) beats all others.
2. Since WordPress version 4.8, the shortcodes in the widgets stopped working correctly
That is a problem caused by the new editor in WordPress widgets. You can avoid it by using a text-only widget, like Classic Text Widget
3. The random parameter redirects always to the same post
You probably use a caching plugin or service that also caches query strings. Try adding an exception for the string “redirect_to=”. If you use Cloudflare, you can try their Page Rules.
4. Which URL can serve as the base?
Obviously only URLs of the WordPress blog where this plugin is installed.
5. The post cannot be found but I’m sure that it’s there and that it’s public
The most common reason is that this post belongs to a special post type. Try the parameter “post_type”, for example “post_type=product”.
6. Can I help translate?
Thank you! Please continue here.
- New parameter “offset” to retrieve the 2nd, 3rd, (integer > 3)th post. Default is 0 (i.e. 1st). For example “offset=1” means 2nd post. An offset too high will trigger the procedure for the case when no post was found.
- New parameter “suppress_filters” . Default is 1 (on). Turn off (“suppress_filters=0”) when you use WPML so that WPML can filter by language.
- fixed problem when latest post was not published
The complete changelog is available here.