Display your currently latest, oldest, most-commented or other post with a permanent link.
|Author:||Chatty Mango (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.7|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-05-2015|
|Total downloads:||8 843|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
- Find the plugin in the list at the admin backend and click to install it. Or, upload the ZIP file through the admin backend. Or, upload the unzipped redirect-url-to-post folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
1. What if more than one post match the criteria (e.g. two have the same comment_count)?
There can be only one winner. The post that would be first in the list (as determined by WP) beats all others.
2. Since WordPress version 4.8, the shortcodes in the widgets stopped working correctly
That is a problem caused by the new editor in WordPress widgets. You can avoid it by using a text-only widget, like Classic Text Widget
3. The random parameter redirects always to the same post
You probably use a caching plugin or service that also caches query strings. Try adding an exception for the string “redirect_to=”. If you use Cloudflare, you can try their Page Rules.
4. Which URL can serve as the base?
Obviously only URLs of the WordPress blog where this plugin is installed.
5. Can I help translate?
Thank you! Please continue here.
- added aliases “before” and “after” for “date_query_before” and “date_query_after”
- New parameter “cache” to cache the result retrieved from the database. Used with a number in seconds. Caches the total amount of posts when used with “random”. Can be enforced with constant “CHATTY_MANGO_RUTP_CACHE” (in wp-config.php).
- By default ignore the stickiness of posts. You can turn it off with ‘ignore_sticky_posts=0’
- Improved localization of onboarding message (sorry for displaying to existing users)
- Trying to improve localization
The complete changelog is available here.