An advanced version of the WordPress Recent Posts widget, allows display of thumbnails, post excerpt, author, comment count, and more.
|Author:||Patrick Galbraith (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.9.0|
|WordPress version tested:||3.5|
|Added to WordPress repository:||15-08-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||46 129|
|Active installs:||6 000+|
Click to start download
An advanced version of the WordPress Recent Posts widget allowing increased customization.
- Display post thumbnails, with customizable size.
- Display post excerpt, author, comment count, and more.
- Provides options to trim the number of characters in the title and excerpt.
- Override the post order to order by; date modified, title, post ID, random, comment count etc.
- Exclude or include specific posts, authors, tags, or categories.
- Also includes a simple template parser so you can override the default output making custom styling easy.
See documentation at http://www.pjgalbraith.com/2011/08/recent-posts-plus/ and existing questions and answers at http://www.pjgalbraith.com/2011/08/recent-posts-plus/#comments
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to your sidebar in ‘Appearance/Widgets’ in WordPress
- Exclude sticky posts being included at the beginning of posts returned, but the sticky post will still be returned in the natural order of that list of posts returned
- Fixed excerpt ellipsis being added to the title incorrectly
- Added option to customize the ellipsis within the Widget Output Template using
- The output of more template tags is now available when using PHP within the Widget Output Template
- Other minor tweaks
- Fixed tags being broken by truncation
- Note: links are being stripped again but formatting should be same as v 1.0.4
- Added code to prevent direct script access
- Added option to display post author’s avatar. Using
- Added ability to add raw PHP code to the widget output template option
- Link and paragraph tags no longer stripped from excerpt. Now matches output of v 1.0.4
- Added ability to display custom fields i.e. meta-data
- Added option to truncate title and excerpt by number of words instead of just chars
- Added custom excerpt trimming function to avoid issues caused by WordPress’ overly simplistic excerpt function
- Minor localization fixes
- Small reduction in DB queries
- Added ability to override the date format inline, so you can have multiple date formats
- Changed the default date format to “M j”
- Fixed issue with limiting excerpt chars
- Fixed issue with thumbnail size input field width in Google Chrome
- Fixed issue when adding a new widget instance, expert options wouldn’t toggle on
- Added licence
- Added readme
- Added screenshot
- Prevented htmlspecialchars from being encoded twice
- Initial release