Sync real estate listings data with Zillow via a custom ZIF (Zillow Interchange Format) feed. The Listings post type requires RE Lister.
|Author:||CustomScripts (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.8.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||09-10-2017|
Click to start download
Create a Listing post type and fill in the meta values.
Navigate to [YOURSITE]/feed/zillow-listings and check out your new Zillow Interchange Format feed.
- Install and activate the plugin from the Plugins admin page.
- If RE Lister is not currently installed, you will be prompted to install/activate it.
- Publish a Listings post type (see RE Lister documentation).
- Navigate to [YOURSITE]/feed/zillow-listings/ to view your new ZIF feed.
- Sync your site’s listings with Zillow (no affiliation), by registering at their site (https://www.zillow.com/wikipages/About-Broker-Feeds/).
**My site isn’t showing a listing feed, why?**
Go through the checklist:
1. Did you also install/activate RE-Lister? If not, install the latest version of RE-Lister from the WordPress repository.
2. Did you create and publish a new Listing post type? If not, see the documentation page in the Listings menu.
3. Did you add meta values to the Listing before publishing? If not, edit the Listing, and add meta values, then click Update.
4. Did you go to the correct feed url? Note: It will be [YOURSITE]/feed/zillow-listings. Don’t forget “/feed/”.
If you followed along with the checklist and are still having problems, please contact us for support at the re-feed page in the WordPress repository.
**I see a lot of blank fields in the feed. Do I need to create a Listing with all fields filled out?**
No. Per Zillow’s documentation, link above, there are only a few feeds that must be included with each Listing entry in the feed XML. Those are:
- Location -> StreetAddress
- Location -> UnitNumber
- Location -> City
- Location -> State
- Location -> Zip
- ListingDetails -> Status
- ListingDetails -> Price
- BasicDetails -> PropertyType
- BasicDetails -> Bedrooms
- BasicDetails -> Bathrooms
- Agent -> EmailAddress
- Office -> BrokerPhone
You should therefore make sure that each listing that is published includes values in at least those required fields.
**Is there any advantage to creating listings with more than just the required fields filled out?**
Yes, depending on the quality of your listings. Per Zillow’s documentation, higher quality feeds will be more likely to be synced with Zillow’s listing service. Only including the minimum number of required fields would be lower “quality.” But be sure to only fill out fields that actually apply to the listed property. Specifiying field values indiscriminately is not likely to help.
**I would like to add another value for certain fields, like another “PictureUrl” and “Caption” within the “Pictures” tag. Can I do that?**
Currently, no. The ability to add multiple values (both within RE Lister and RE Feed) is coming soon.
- Stable, initial release