Monetize your website with intelligent affiliate widgets displaying products that perfectly fit your unique content.
|Author:||Kraut Computing (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.1.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||31-08-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||1 994|
Click to start download
NOTICE: This plugin is currently not supported, please don't install! Get in touch via email if you are a publisher and want to use the widgets: email@example.com
Whether you run a personal blog or topic website, ProductWidgets helps you to monetise your content without annoying your users. Our beautiful widgets automatically display products which are relevant to your content - they are a better-looking, better-performing, less-obtrusive and more flexible alternative to traditional ad banners.
You can either set specific keywords for your widgets, and they will display products related to those keywords, or let the ProductWidgets analyze the pages you add widgets to, and find the best products for those pages automatically! The whole process is fully automated and happens behind the scenes, so you can focus on creating great content and let ProductWidgets take care of the monetization for you!
Millions of Products
ProductWidgets is backed by a database containing millions of products from niches such as fashion, technology, music, movies, gaming, sports, and health, and new products are added every day!
Products are selected automatically based on keywords you define or the content of your website. Also, each widget's products are rotated regularly so returning visitors see fresh products every time.
Each product impression, click and sale is tracked and that data is used to make sure your widgets always display the best-performing products. Products that don't perform well are replaced automatically.
Displaying products to visitors that cannot possibly buy them from their country is a wasted opportunity! Our widgets know where each visitor is located and always display products from local advertisers.
Your site is reponsive and looks good on phones and tablets? So should your widgets! It's easy to configure them to shrink or disappear on smaller screen sizes, while taking advantage of all available space on desktops.
Will the widgets slow down my website?
We have taken care to build the widgets completely asynchronous, which means that most of the data (product data, images etc.) will be loaded only after your website has finished loading. Moreover, the widgets are stored on a global content delivery network (CDN), which makes them very fast, no matter from which country they are loaded.
This is to say that we have taken great care to make the widgets as fast and performant as possible, and there shouldn’t be any noticeable slowdown of your website.
What happens when the ProductWidgets website/service is down/unavailable? Will my widgets still appear?
Yes! As mentioned in the previous question, the widgets are stored on a global content delivery network (CDN), which caches the widgets and delivers them very fast anywhere in the world, even if the ProductWidgets service is temporarily not available.
I have more questions!
- Fix not below widget when adding a new widget
- Show the shortcode in the list of widgets
- Rewrite of pretty much all parts of the plugin (should still be backwards compatible)
- When creating a new widget, you can now select a product source and categories.
- The format of the shortcode was changed, but the old ones should still work fine.
- Fix array definition for older PHP versions
- Update signup form
- Fix API ping endpoint
- Update wording
- Fix newsletter link
- Update banners
- Add icons
- Fix checking if API resource is expired
- Use API ping endpoint to check connection
- Add Amazon tracking IDs to settings page again
- Comments, formatting, fix typos, fix html5 boolean attributes
- Update signup page
- Remove settings page
- Remove admin settings code
- Fix adding action links
- Refactor lots of things
- Bring back need to sign up before using the plugin
- Make adding and previewing a widget easier on a separate screen
- Fix API calls
- Fix layout names
- Access ProductWidgets API via HTTPS only
- Bugfix to remove error in old PHP versions
- Load widgets with current site protol, i.e. making them work with HTTPS
- Bugfix to enable shortcode in sidebar widgets
- Bugfix to support PHP < 5.3
- Remove need for signup
- Fix problem with cached affiliate IDs
- Change widget URL
- Fix asset URLs
- Initial release