This plugin was created to a provide an easy to use product catalog with many flexible options.
|Author:||Evan Williams (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.0|
|Added to WordPress repository:||20-01-2014|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||12 435|
Click to start download
Product Catalog 8 is a simple product catalog. Products, Categories and Subcategories can be created and edited, the catalog is displayed on the front-end using the shortcode [catalog-8]. On the settings page various display options can be set to customize the output on the frontend. This catalog can actually be used as an e-commerce tool because product descriptions can contain html, so if you create a paypal button, paste it into a product description to begin selling.
- Products can be added under both categories and subcategories
- Categories or subcategories can be on different pages using shortcode attributes.
- Settings page to customize how products are displayed
- HTML can be added inside product descriptions
What's next for 2.0, which will be released in late 2014, some of these new features will be released in version 1.4-1.9 in updates during Q4 2014:
- Product Pages
- Multiple Images per Product
- Fancybox integration
- More layouts
- More customization
- Product sorting in the backend
- Much better codebase