Adds a shortcode that displays posts based on what you add in for values.
|Author:||Jared Harbour (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.1.2|
|WordPress version tested:||3.1.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||02-05-2011|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||2 673|
Click to start download
This plugin adds a shortcode to display a list of posts. The list of posts can be displayed in 2 formats, normal and expanded. If you also install the Themekit plugin you will gain access to several options to customize the short code.
For more information on Themekit, check out themekitwp.com.
- Print posts by category name or id
- Print posts by tags
- Print posts related to the current post
- Print posts by the current author
- Ability to change the number of posts that get displayed
- Ability to change how many posts display in expanded view before going to the normal view
Why do I need Themekit for this plugin?
Themekit isn’t required, but it will give you some more options to play with.
How do I use the shortcode?
Display posts from a category – [print_posts cat=1]
Display posts from a category using the category name – [print_posts category_name=”cat name here”]
Display posts from a tag or set of tags – [print_posts tag=”tags,go,here”]
Display posts related to the current post – [print_posts show_related_posts=true]
Display posts by the current posts author – [print_posts show_posts_by_author=true]
Change the number of posts to display – [print_posts display_count=5] (defaults to show all posts)
Change the number of posts that are shown in the expanded view – [print_posts expanded_count=3]
Feel free to mix and match the values as you need, and if you download and install Themekit you’ll have even more options to play with.
- Added div with and ID of print_posts around shortcode output so themekit styles could be more CSS specific.
- Added font controller options to expanded headline (and headline hover)
- Initial release