Why should you choose Prime Mover? It is simple to use, powerful and complete WordPress single-site / multisite migration solution.
|Author:||Codexonics (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9.8|
|WordPress version tested:||5.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-06-2019|
|Total downloads:||24 823|
|Active installs:||1 000+|
Click to start download
Easily Transfer WordPress Site to New Host/Server/Domain
- Move single-site installation to another single site server.
- Move WP single-site to existing multisite sub-site.
- Migrate subsite to another multisite sub-site.
- Migrate multisite sub-site to single-site.
- Migrate within WordPress admin.
- WordPress backup and restore packages within single-site or multisite.
- Backup WordPress subsite (in multisite).
- You can backup the WordPress database within admin before testing something and restore it with one click.
- Cross-platform compatible (Nginx / Apache / Litespeed / Microsoft IIS / Localhost).
- Clone single site and restore it to any server.
- Clone subsite in multisite and restore it as single-site or multisite.
- Supports legacy multisites.
- Debug package.
- Save tons of time during migration with the direct site to site package transfer.
- Move the backup location outside WordPress public directory for better security.
- Migrate or backup WordPress multisite main site.
- Encrypt WordPress database in backups for maximum data privacy.
- Encrypt WordPress upload files inside backup for better security.
- Encrypt plugin and theme files inside the backup/package for protection.
- Export and restore the backup package from Dropbox.
- Save and restore packages from and to Google Drive.
- Exclude plugins from the backup (or network activated plugins if multisite).
- Exclude upload directory files from the backup to reduce the package size.
- Create a new multisite subsite with a specific blog ID.
- Disable network maintenance in multisite so only affected subsite is in maintenance mode.
- One-click button to delete all packages, temporary files, and logs.
- Option to enable/disable migration and advance logging.
- Configure migration parameters to optimize and tweak backup/migration packages.
- It includes all complete restoration options at your own choice and convenience.
- You can use the settings screen to manage all basic and plugin advanced configurations.
Single-site Migration Tools
Export options dialog
Export to single-site format example
Export to multisite subsite with blog ID of 23 example
Restore package via browser upload
Single-site package manager
Prime Mover network control panel
Export and restore package from Network Sites
Multisite network package manager
- The free version has no restriction on package size, number of websites, mode of migration (single-site or multisite will work). We don’t put that kind of limitation.
- The free version supports full WordPress multisite migration.
- It can backup WordPress multisite sub-sites or migrate multisite.
- No need to delete your WordPress installation, create/delete the database, and all other technical stuff. It will save you a lot of time.
- This is not hosting-dependent. Prime Mover is designed to work with any hosting companies you want to work with.
- The free version has full multisite migration functionality. This feature is usually missing in most migration plugins free version.
- Full versatility – migrating from your localhost, dev site, or from a live site to another live site.
- You will be doing the entire migration inside the WordPress admin. Anyone with administrator access can do it. There is no need to hire a freelancer to do the job – saves you money.
- No messing with complicated migration settings, the free version has no settings on it. Only choose a few options to export and migrate, that’s it.
- You can save, download, delete, and migrate packages using the management page.
- No need to worry about PHP configuration and server settings. Compatible with most default PHP server settings even in limited shared hosting.
- Prime Mover works with modern PHP versions 5.6 to 8.0 (PRO version requires at least PHP 7.0).
- The code is following PHP-fig coding standards (standard PHP coding guidelines).
- You don’t need to worry about setting up users or changing user passwords after migration. It does not overwrite existing site users after migration.
For more common questions, please read the plugin FAQ listed in the developer site.
- Fixed: Export file lists gets deleted by hosts.
- Fixed: Complete uninstallation procedures.
- Fixed: Missing required ctype PHP extension dependency.
- Fixed: Search and replace issue with binary data.
- Usability: Added link to activate PRO version on account page.
- Feature: Added support for multisites that don’t use main site as blog ID 1.
- Feature: Added support for multisites that uses different DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE site from the main site.
- Fixed: Restore hang on user import due to overwritten administrator caps.
- Fixed: Issue on search and replace related to domain name.
- Usability: Refactored main plugin file for code readability.
- Fixed: Runtime error with theme import for nested themes.
- Fixed: Removed dependency with writable WordPress root directory.
- Fixed: Improved compatibility with Managed WordPress hosting setups.
- Fixed: Performance issues during package upload.
- Fixed: Unable to complete package upload due to third party plugin conflicts.
See the previous changelogs in changelog.txt.