Easily add one or more posts to any page using simple shortcodes. Supports categories, tags, custom post types, custom taxonomies, and more.
|Author:||IvyCat, Inc. (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.0|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-02-2012|
|Total downloads:||256 417|
|Active installs:||40 000+|
Click to start download
Embed a shortcode into a page and it will automatically pull in the post(s) you need.
Embed shortcodes directly in your template using
What is the point of this plugin?
Some of our clients wanted to output some posts in a specific page without fiddling with templates.
This plugin goes well with our Simple Page Specific Sidebars plugin, and gives you more granular control of sidebars on specific categories, post-types, etc.
How do I change the output template
Simply copy the
posts_loop_template.php to your theme directory and make changes as necessary.
You can even rename it – but make sure to indicate that in the shortcode using the
You can even use different templates for each shortcode if you like.
Does it work with custom post types?
How about with custom taxonomies?
Will it make me coffee?
Not likely, but let us know if it does; then we’ll know we have something special.
- File header update / spelling fixes in readme.txt
- File reorganization / housekeeping
- Admin UI cleanup
- Security: Fixed directory traversal vulnerability.
- Added ability to optionally include private posts – Thanks StarsoftAnalysis!
- now you can set
more_tag=""to remove the
[...] …that unfortunately shows up as
- Added minor doc tweaks.
- Added pagination, tweaked to turn off by default.
- Bug fixes.
- Added code to allow ignoring, or showing of sticky posts. By default, sticky posts are ignored, but can be re-enabled using the shortcode
- Code maintenance to better comply with standards
- Added post pagination
- Plugin now honors default post reading settings under Settings/Reading in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Improved and simplified documentation.
- Code maintenance, fix for category bug, also added ability for multiple post types per shortcode.
- Code maintenance, squash non-critical debug notices.
- Added check for published/private posts.
- Fixed template bug introduced by comments.
- Code cleanup & indentation
- Added comments and notes to output template file:
- Added Help Page under Setting in WP Dashboard.
- More plugin housekeeping.
- Minor housekeeping, added author, updated readme.txt.
- Added single post or specific post capabilities.