A simple wordpress plugin that estimates the time a reader will need to go through the article.
|Author:||Bostjan Cigan (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||2.0.2|
|WordPress version tested:||4.0.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||27-07-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||7 124|
Click to start download
This is a simple wordpress plugin that estimates the time a reader will need to go through the article.
An average man reads 250 - 300 words for minute, so you can change the default settings any way you like, the default here is 200 words per minute.
What this plugin offers:
- Show the time in minutes or minutes and seconds
- Select the prefix and suffix before the time shows
- Customize the words per minute number
- Widget support.
An example of how the plugin functions and works (left part of screenshot, reading time)
The admin area of the plugin
The widget in action.
None at the moment.
- [Fix] Small display fix.
- [Fix] Fixed a feature bug, if showing post read time on main page and using excerpts, the whole post content was not used.
- Marked release as final and stable.
- Added widget support
- Security update in the admin area (check if user is admin).
- Some cosmetic surgery in the admin area.
- Minimal changes, updated the website of the plugin.
- The initial version of the plugin.