Easily turn users into cash using Popup Maker – the most versatile & expansive popup plugin for WordPress!
|Author:||Popup Maker (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.9|
|WordPress version tested:||5.6|
|Added to WordPress repository:||17-11-2014|
|Total downloads:||7 465 308|
|Active installs:||600 000+|
Click to start download
Create Effective Popups For WordPress
Popup Maker™ is the best popup plugin WordPress has to offer. It is incredibly versatile & flexible. Bend it to create any type of popup, modal, or content overlay for your WordPress website.
Great plugin! Got the job done
“Love how easy it was to make popups with this!” ~Zac Gordon
With Popup Maker, you can create popups such as:
- Email opt-in popups,
- Content upgrade popups,
- Popups to greet visitors from ProductHunt,
- Contact form popups,
- Coronavirus/COVID-19 announcements,
- EU cookie notices,
- & more.
Check out some examples in our video below:
Create unlimited popups of every type you need and customize every facet of each of your popups from theme and position, to targeting and cookies.
Trusted by many people just like you!
Popup Maker is used on over 500,000 websites and has received over 3,500 5-star reviews just like this one:
Great product – best I’ve used!
“I’ve tried many different popup programs, but I must say I find this one the best!” ~@jessefjosserand
What’s Included for Free:
- This popup plugin has limitless potential with no restrictions. If you can’t get the functionality you’re after, we’ll be happy to help you! Just ask at https://wppopupmaker.com/support/.
- Slide Out Popups, Banner Bars, Floating Sticky Popups, Notification Popups, Loading Screen Popups, Video Lightboxes, and Opt-In Form Popups.
- Our popups support the most popular form building plugins available: Ninja Forms, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 (CF7), Caldera Forms, WPForms, Mailchimp for WordPress (MC4WP), & More.
- We support every list building form, including but not limited to: MailChimp, AWeber, InfusionSoft, GetResponse, Constant Contact, Mail Poet, Mad Mimi, Hubspot, and Emma.
- Use our unique Popup Editor to build any content you can imagine inside of our popups, plus control popup sizing, position, animation, and so much more.
- Conditions allow you to target exactly who will (and will not) see your popups. Target any WordPress content such as: posts, pages, and 26 more!
- Create WooCommerce popups easily with built in targeting rules for Products & Shop pages.
- Dictate the frequency at which users see your popups using Cookies, and edit how the cookies are created using Cookie Creation Events.
- Click Triggers allows you to trigger a popup on click of menu items, sidebars, buttons, images, or any other content on your site. We have various methods allowing you to integrate our click triggers with nearly any plugin or theme.
- Auto Open Triggers allows you to set a timed delay, then the popup will display according to your preference.
- Trove of options to customize the look of your popup using our unique Theme Editor. Change colors, shadows, fonts, paddings, and much, much more.
Great plugin, everything I needed
“Really nice plugin, simple to use, responsive, a good catch !” ~@lemmmy
Enhance Your WordPress Popups Using Our Premium Features
- Exit Intent
- AJAX Login Modals
- Age Verification Modals – Verify the age of your users before allowing them to view pages or click buttons/links.
- Popup Analytics
- Advanced Targeting Conditions
- And many more!
Would you like to help translate the best WordPress popup plugin into more languages? Join our WP-Translations Community.
If you are enjoying this wonderful popup plugin, please rate & review it to share the love <3!
Created by Code Atlantic
Popup Maker is built by the Code Atlantic team. We create high-quality WordPress plugins that help you grow your WordPress sites.
Check out some of our most popular plugins:
- User Menus – Show Or Hide Menu Items For Different Users
- Ahoy – Automated Marketing Messages for WordPress
- Content Control – Restrict Access to Pages and Posts
Example popup using our built-in Ninja Forms integration
Example popup using our WooCommerce extension to make a popup appear when a product is added to their cart.
Create and edit an infinite number of unique popups to get any job done.
Use our popup editor to customize every facet of your popup completely.
Add triggers to your popups to determine what causes it to open. Our free triggers include: Click Open and Auto Open.
Choose from many conditions to target exactly who will (and will not) see your popups.
Prevent your popups from being annoying to users by using cookies to disable them once they have been viewed.
Create and edit an unlimited number of popup themes for every situation.
Use the theme editor to choose from over 60 options and theme every element of your popup: Background Overlay, Popup Container, Close Button, Google Fonts, and much more.
What are some ways I can use popups to grow my email list?
People who use Popup Maker to grow their email list have found many creative ways to do so. Some of the most common popups include:
- Exit-intent popups – Asking for an opt-in when someone goes to leave your site, sometimes for a discount or PDF
- Content upgrade popups – Provide more value from your blog posts by giving visitors more resources in exchange for their email address within an optin popup
- White paper popups – Provide industry reports or other white papers using forms within a popup
Even better, Popup Maker integrates with all the most popup form plugins so you can easily embed a form you have already created right into your popups!
What are some ways popups can increase my WooCommerce store’s sales and revenues?
Many people don’t consider popups when trying to find ways to increase conversion rates and revenue on their WooCommerce site but they are actually very effective.
Some popups we have seen work well for ecommerce sites include:
- Cross-sell popups – recommending a companion product when viewing or adding a product to their cart
- Upsell popups – recommending a higher-tier product when viewing or adding a product to their cart
- Cart abandonment popups – offering discounts or support when someone is about to leave the checkout page
Where is your documentation?
You can find our documentation over on our docs site
How do I open a popup?
Using “triggers”, you can customize what makes each popup open. Review our triggers documentation here
How do I stop popups from opening repeatedly?
Using “cookies”, you can set up how long until the popup opens again, if ever. Review our cookies documentation
What do I do if I want a popup to show only on a certain page/post/etc?
Using “conditions”, you can specify where the popup will be shown. Check out our conditions documentation
Why aren’t my popups opening/working?
There are several common causes for this, check this guide for help resolving it.
View our complete changelog for up-to-date information on what has been going on with the development of Popup Maker.
v1.15.0 – 01/12/2021
- Feature: Automatically enqueue popups when detected during page load Issue 543
- Improvement: Improvements to ‘Extend’ page Issue 913
- Improvement: Start working toward more consistent linking/documentation strategy
- Fix: Popup defaults() method only returns default values for checkbox fields Issue 927
- Fix: PUM_Telemetry triggers PHP warnings in (CLI) cron Issue 919
- Fix: pum-admin-bar Script Fails to Load Issue 907 Thanks @fluxism!
- Fix: JS error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘popups’ of undefined Issue 635
- Fix: Undefined SCSS variable causing errors in building block components
v1.14.0 – 12/16/2020
- Improvement: Add a link to popups to admin bar Issue #892
- Improvement: Add a link to create a new popup to admin bar Issue #892
- Improvement: Add new welcome screen upon first activation Issue #900
- Improvement: Create example popup upon install Issue #857
- Improvement: Ensure subscribers table gets deleted if doing full deletion Issue #895
- Improvement: Add logging for DB table management and creation Issue #879
- Improvement: Set up continous integration for unit and integration tests Issue #640
- Improvement: Add filter to exclude blocks with isAllowedForBlockType Issue #835
- Fix: Backtick in settings page Issue #904
v1.13.1 – 11/4/2020
- Fix: PHP error notice appears when submitting Gravity Forms without AJAX
v1.13.0 – 10/30/2020
- Feature: Conversion tracking Issue #775
- Feature: Bypass adblockers for tracking opens and conversions Issue #783
- Feature: Periodical suggestions to improve plugin usage Issue #834
- Improvement: Reduce clutter in All Popups table Issue #878
- Improvement: Switch tab navigation to NAV elements instead of H2 Issue #818
- Improvement: Set up PHPUnit for integration and unit tests Issue #563
- Improvement: Continuously deploy readme and screenshot changes Issue #827
- Fix: AJAX for Gravity Forms not setting cookies Issue #706
- Fix: Disabling asset cache causes form integrations not to load their assets Issue #755
- Fix: Form submission cookies are not being set for some form integrations Issue #886
- Fix: Some form integrations are calling both AJAX and PHP submission handlers Issue #887