Podcast plugin. Still in early stages of development. Don't use for production unless you know what you're doing.
|Author:||Podlove (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||5.2|
|WordPress version tested:||5.6.2|
|Added to WordPress repository:||26-06-2012|
|Total downloads:||257 228|
|Active installs:||6 000+|
Click to start download
We built the Podlove Podcast Publisher because existing solutions are stuck in the past, complex and unwieldy. The Publisher helps you save time, worry less and provides a cutting edge listening experience for your audience.
Official Site: publisher.podlove.org
Video Tutorial: Getting started with Podlove Publisher
The Publisher makes it easy to create highly expressive, efficient and super compatible podcast feeds with fine grained control over client behavior (e.g. GUID control to replace faulty episodes and for clients to reload) supporting all important meta data.
The Publisher also makes multi-format publishing – embracing all modern and legacy audio and video codecs – a snap. By adopting simple file name conventions, the plugin allows the podcaster to provide individual feeds for certain use cases or audiences without adding work for the podcaster during the publishing process.
Optimized Web Player
The Publisher also comes with integrated with the Podlove Web Player plugin (which you do not need to install separately) and fully support its advanced options including multiple audio (MP4 AAC, MP3, Vorbis, Opus) and video (MP4 H.264, WebM, Theora) format support for web browsers. This Web Player is fully HTML5 compatible (but provides Flash fallback for ancient environments) and is ready for all touch based clients too.
The Publisher also makes it easy to publish chapter information in the player to make access to structured episodes even easier. Full support for linking directly to any part of your podcast on the web with instant playback included.
To round it all up, a flexible template system enables you to published Podcasts in a defined fashion and change the style at any time without having to touch your individual postings later on.
And this is just the beginning. We have a rich roadmap that will bring even more interesting features: integration with helpful services, much improved timeline metadata support (show notes) and much more.
Development of the plugin is an open process. The current version is available on GitHub Feel free to contribute and to fix errors or send improvements via GitHub.
Requires PHP 5.4+
Custom episode post type separates media from your blog content.
Download analytics provide you with all the data you ever wanted.
The Publisher automatically checks the health of your media files.
The mighty template engine gives you full control over the episode presentation.
Includes the Podlove Subscribe Button, the easiest way for listeners to subscribe to your podcast.
Includes the Podlove Web Player. One more thing: you can manage and present all contributors easily.
Yes! The core features of Podlove Podcast Publisher are and always will be free. Paid Professional Support is available but not necessary to run the plugin.
Yes! Podcast Downloads can be tracked and analyzed. You can easily see how many people downloaded you podcast episodes, which clients they used, if they prefer to subscribe to the feed or listen on your website using the web player—and much more.
Podlove Publisher is GDPR compliant and provides prewritten text snippets for your privacy page. See https://docs.podlove.org/podlove-publisher/guides/dsgvo-gdpr.html
Any storage where you have control over the file naming is compatible with Podlove Podcast Publisher. You can manage files using a simple FTP/sFTP or use services like Amazon S3.
The continued success of Open Source project relies on the community. There are many ways you can help:
- If you enjoy the plugin, please leave a review.
- You can answer questions of other fellow podcasters in the Podlove Community.
This product includes GeoLite2 data created by MaxMind, available from http://www.maxmind.com.
- fix: analytics shows section now does not include other taxonomies
- analytics shows section is now ordered by downloads
Both additions add metadata to the feed automatically if the data is present. No new user interfaces or data entry is necessary.
- add support for feed tag
podcast:transcript, linking to the transcript in various formats (json, webvtt, xml)
- add support for feed tag
podcast:personon episode level
- for selected date range, total downloads are shown
- for selected date range, display downloads per show (only visible when shows module is enabled)
- fix: in analytics, the “Export as CSV” section is now clickable when global statistics are loading or have no data
- fix: “Export as CSV” works again
- fix: “global statistics” charts idling indefinitely until a custom date range is chosen
3.3.0 / 3.3.1
- add support for feed tag
podcast:funding(see Podcast Settings -> Directory)
- unfurl uses https://plus.podlove.org/api/unfurl as API endpoint
- add banner linking to donations page (can be dismissed)
- add shortcode
- display links even if unfurling failed
- template improvements
- add “delete all” button
- polished failure section UI and allow editing original URL
- API: add missing permission callbacks
- fix: keep order when importing via slacknotes
- add shortcode
- slacknotes: update to new API
- change donation URL to https://opencollective.com/podlove
- fix: handle missing templates in TwigLoaderPodloveDatabase
- fix: crash when creating new episodes
- fix: coverart url encoding #1181
- fix: some settings not applying to episode title tag (thanks Dirk)
- fix: crash when accessing season data for an episode without season
- when automatically generated episode titles are used, use the blogpost title as fallback for the episode title
- fix: disable slug auto-updating after importing from Auphonic
- fix: webvtt-parser autoloading issues #1175
- fix: escape ampersands in itunes:image hrefs in the feed #1176 (fixes incompatibilities with Jetpack image CDN)
- fix twig namespace prefixing related issues
- remove unused vendor-bin directory from releases
- tracking: fix operating systems appearing twice in different spellings
- chore: prefix all composer packages (solves Twig related incompatibilities & crashes)
- chore: add content and files to episodes api (#1165)
- analytics: new chart showing download development from episode to episode #1100 thanks @poschi3!
- Auphonic: show production warnings in module (https://twitter.com/auphonic/status/1305849345762185217)
- download tracking: use OPAWG podcast user agent database in addition to Matomo database
- stability: detect plugins using older/incompatible versions of Twig. Display a warning on the site (instead of an error) and a detailed explanation on “Podlove > Support” screen.
- enhance: podcast file validation in dashboard includes all post stati and checks for missing slug #1161
- enhance: only allow episode numbers of 0 and higher in form input #1158
- api: add public endpoint for transcripts
- api: add public endpoint for shownotes
- fix: Podlove Web Player 5 includes all downloadable assets in download section
- fix: transcript API URL #1145 thanks gibso!
- fix: editing/deleting shows (#1077)
- fix: episodes and shows API
- fix: migration for Shownotes only when the database table exists
- fix: contributor notifications settings can be saved again (#1144)
- fix: do not include invisible contributors in Web Player 5 API (#1142)
- fix: detect Yoast SEO, wpSEO: disables Open Graph module (#1132)
- fix: use podcast summary as RSS Feed
<description>if subtitle is not set (#1092)
- fix: title escaping in RSS feed when using native (not auto-generated) titles
- add: Untappd social service
- fix: Auphonic module (wrong HTTP API headers)
- chore: update npm dependencies
- fix: escaping issue in RSS feed (itunes:author and itunes:owner)
- fix: remove (rare) accidental double enclosure tag in RSS feed when “enclosure” post meta is present
- requires PHP 7.0 (or newer)
- requires WordPress 5.2 (or newer)
- Web Player:
- removes Podlove Web Player 2
- removes Podlove Web Player 3
- removes “insert player automatically” option (probably does not affect anyone as the web player is by default inserted via template)
- removes “Chapters Visibility” option (use dedicated Web Player settings instead)
New Publisher PLUS
Publisher PLUS is a new service providing Feed Proxy and Podcast Subscriber statistics for Podlove Publisher.
To use it, enable the Publisher PLUS module, then visit plus.podlove.org to create an account.
Subscriber Statistics are only the beginning. Expect more features soon!
Generate and manage episode show notes. Helps you provide rich metadata for URLs. Full support for Publisher Templates.
This module is a work-in-progress. But it’s usable, so feel free to give it a try, especially if your shownotes are link-heavy and you’re comfortable writing Podlove (Twig) templates.
The module is currently hidden. Make it visible by setting a PHP constant, for example in your
Use this template as a starting point: https://gist.github.com/eteubert/d6c51c52372dc2da2f1734a5f54c7918
- new design
- renders text-only in RSS feed
- new design
- the text link variant is now the default style
- remove Bitlove module (service does not exist any more)
- remove Flattr module
- remove “Website Protocol” setting (not necessary any more as Let’s Encrypt is widely supported)
- enable episode chapters by default
- convenience: “Copy to Clipboard” function for Podlove Template shortcodes
- expose iTunes id/URL in podcast feed (#1078)
- improve feed rendering: use XML generator for all tags with user input to guarantee valid feeds for all inputs
- add function to remove a transcript from an episode (#1131)
- add Steady as donation service
- add template tag:
- add template tag:
- add default avatar to transcript preview
- fix: search logic (#1072)
- fix: fetch Podlove News via https (#1037)
- fix: don’t send Publisher logs to system log when WP_DEBUG is on (#1065)
- fix: ensure uploads for webvtt (transcripts) and gz (exports) are allowed
- fix: ensure contributors module is active when transcripts are used
- fix: ensure permissions in shownotes and transcripts APIs
- fix: don’t count download requests with http range header of
- update dependencies
- build releases with GitHub Actions (in favour of TravisCI)
Changes for previous versions can be found in the