Manage access to your BuddyPress Community using Paid Memberships Pro
|Author:||Paid Memberships Pro (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:|
|WordPress version tested:||5.4.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||28-03-2018|
|Total downloads:||38 042|
|Active installs:||5 000+|
Click to start download
Manage access to your BuddyPress Community using Paid Memberships Pro.
This BuddyPress Integration for Paid Memberships Pro allows you to restrict access to specific features of your BuddyPress community by membership level, allowing you to build a custom, private, and flexible members-only community.
The plugin requires BuddyPress and Paid Memberships Pro to be installed and activated.
General features of this Integration include:
- Restrict BuddyPress Features by Membership Level
- Assign or Invite Members to BuddyPress Groups by Membership Level
- Assign BuddyPress Member Types by Membership Level
- Show the Member’s Level Name on BuddyPress Profile
- Use the BuddyPress Registration Process in place of Paid Memberships Pro
Specific areas of BuddyPress that can be restricted by Membership Level include:
- Group Creation: Can members of this level create BuddyPress Groups?
- Single Group Viewing: Can members of this level view individual BuddyPress Groups?
- Groups Page Viewing: Can members of this level view the BuddyPress Groups page?
- Joining Groups: Can members of this level join BuddyPress Groups?
- Public Messaging: Can members of this level send public messages to other members?
- Private Messaging: Can members of this level send private messages to other members?
- Send Friend Requests: Can members of this level send friend requests to other members?
- Include in Member Directory: Should members of this level be included in the BuddyPress member directory?
PMPro BuddyPress Settings - Explore and manage the features of the integration plugin, including Page Settings, Membership Level Settings, and General Settings.
Membership Level Settings - Define how you want to restrict BuddyPress for each Membership Level under Memberships > Edit Level.
Group and Member Type Settings - Add or Invite Members to Groups and Assign Member Types by Membership Level under Memberships > Edit Level.
1.2.5 – 2020-04-06
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where users were redirected away from the profile page if all of BuddyPress was locked down.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issues with adding users to groups.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issues with removing users from invited groups if their level changed.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Stopping redirect loops on the levels page in some cases.
1.2.4 – 2019-06-28
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where the WP profile was still being restricted from users without access to BP.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where the ‘restrict all of BuddyPress’ setting wasn’t being applied correctly when levels were set to use non-member settings.
- BUG FIX: Only getting members in directory if levels exist.
- BUG FIX: Now locking down all of BuddyPress when a level’s settings are set to use non-member settings and BuddyPress is locked down for non-members.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue with admin menu link sometimes pointing to the wrong address.
- BUG FIX: Hiding friend request and messaging buttons if user doesn’t have access.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where all users were sometimes displayed as admins in Edit Groups screen.
- BUG FIX: Non-members were being restricted incorrectly from BuddyPress modules.
- ENHANCEMENT: Now using constants in place of numbers to make some of the settings in the code more readable.
- BUG FIX: When locking down “all of BuddyPress”, no longer redirecting away from the BuddyPress registration page.
- BUG FIX: Added check that BuddyPress is active before trying to update member types when levels change.
- BUG FIX: Removed echo statement that was causing errors when syncing profile fields.
- BUG FIX: Fixed warnings related to default options on level settings.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where you couldn’t choose “use non-member settings” on the level settings.
- BUG FIX: Now including members of hidden levels in the BuddyPress directory.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where the Friends Requests page would show a list of all members instead of just friend requests.
- ENHANCEMENT: Further integration with PMPro Approvals. If you have PMPro Approvals v1.1 or higher installed, users will have their groups and member types adjusted when they are approved, denied, or reset from the approvals table.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where all users were hidden from the member directory even if you weren’t trying to lock down your directory.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issues with BuddyPress Profile Search and related plugins.
- BUG FIX: Changed how we are testing for PMPro and BuddyPress activation.
- BUG FIX: Fixed fatal errors when PMPro or BuddyPress isn’t activated.
- BUG FIX: Fixed bug where membership level changes were creatinig fatal errors if Groups was not active.
- BUG FIX: Fixed bug where the members directory was not being filtered correctly.
- BUG FIX: Fixed bug where logged in users were being redirected to the BuddyPress registration page even though logged in users can’t register.
- ENHANCEMENT: Doublechecking pmpro_hasMembershipLevel so plugins like PMPro Approvals can still filter which levels are included when calculating restrictions.
- Initial WP.org release.