Integrates Paid Memberships Pro with BBPress to restrict forum content based on PMPro membership level.
Requires BBPress and Paid Memberships Pro installed and activated.
|Author:||Stranger Studios, Scott Sousa (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.4|
|Added to WordPress repository:||21-01-2014|
|Total downloads:||42 531|
|Active installs:||2 000+|
Click to start download
- You must have Paid Memberships Pro and bbPress installed and activated on your site.
Download, Install and Activate!
- Download the latest version of the plugin.
- Unzip the downloaded file to your computer.
- Upload the /pmpro-bbpress/ directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
How to Use
- After activation, navigate to the “Edit Forum” page for the forum you would like to restrict.
- Check the box for each level that can access this forum in the “Require Membership” meta box (below the Publish box in the right sidebar).
- Save your changes by clicking the “Update” button (or “Publish” if you are creating a new forum).
- Further settings can be found on the Settings -> Forums page of your admin dashboard.
Shortcode for Member’s Activity
The bbPress Add On includes one shortcode to display a member’s activity (topics or replies created).
Sample shortcode usage:
[bbp-user-activity activity_type=”topic” show_date=”true” title=”My Recent Topics”]
Shortcode attributes include:
* activity_type: Accepts ‘topic’ or ‘reply’. Default is ‘topic’
* bbp_user_id: Accepts any user ID. Omit this attribute to load the current user’s entries. Default is the current_user->ID.
* count: The number of entries to show. Default is ‘5’.
* show_date: Optionally show the entry date. Default is ‘false’.
* show_excerpt: Optionally show a 50-character excerpt of the entry. Default is ‘false’.
* title: An optional title for the shortcode output, wrapped in the h2 class=”widgettitle” format.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where the pmprobb_auth_reply_view filter was nuking content filters applied to bbpress replies before it.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now only calling the pmpro_bbp_error_msg filter if we’re going to show the error.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added pmprobbp_check_forum_redirect_url filter to allow filtering of URL to which users without access are redirected.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issues on edit membership level page when bbPress is not activated.
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue where non-members could access replies in member forums if linked to directly.
- BUG: Fixed fatal error when bbPress was not activated.
- ENHANCEMENT: When redirecting members away from protected forums, the referring page is now saved in $_SESSION[‘pmpro_bbp_redirected_from’].
- FEATURE: Added new shortcode for member activity (topics or replies).
- FEATURE: Added a membership level setting to set the background color of member topics and replies.
- FEATURE: Added an option to the bbPress settings page to change the error message shown when non-members try to access a member forum.
- FEATURE: Added an option to the bbPress settings page to add “member links” linking to forums a user has access to.
- FEATURE: Added an option to the bbPress settings page to hide member forums from the forums list and search results.
- FEATURE: Added an option to the bbPress settings page to hide forum roles in replies.
- FEATURE: Added an option to the bbPress settings page to show membership level in replies.
- Removed TGM and using different methods to make sure PMPro and bbPress are activated.
- Changed forum check to use template_redirect instead of wp hook.
- Updated TGM Plugin Activation class
- Added the “pmpro_bbp_error_msg” filter so you can change the message shown when users try to access forums they don’t have access to.
- Added bbp_is_single_topic() check to search filter to fix issues where main topic is hidden on single topic pages. (Thans, Spence)
- Updates to name, description, tags. Added link to support and settings on plugins page.
- Fixed fatal error that would come up if Paid Memberships Pro was not active. (Thanks, Karmyn Tyler Cobb)
- BUG: Fixed bug in search filter that would hide member forums/topics from members when more than one level had access to a forum.
- Moved filterqueries code into init function to avoid function not found error.
- pmpro_search_filter now hides restricted forums and topics as well.
- Fixed generation of URLs &noaccess=1. The old URLs could sometimes lead to 404 pages. (Thanks, bfintal on the WordPress.org forums.)
- Initial WP.org release.