This plugin dynamically adds shopping cart functionality to Image Attachment Pages (or single Posts, or Pages) for use in selling prints/merchandise.
|Author:||Peter Adams (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.2.1|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||29-12-2012|
Warning! This plugin has not been updated in over 2 years. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.
|Total downloads:||3 644|
Click to start download
- Install the WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart plugin
- Configure the settings of the WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart plugin including entering your PayPal email address
- Create a shopping cart page for your website by creating a new Page in WordPress add adding the
[show_wp_shopping_cart]shortcode as its content
- Upload the
photopress-paypal-shopping-cartplugin folder to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add Purchase Variations using the Media > Purchase Variations admin screen. Purchase variations take the from of label:price (i.e. 11×14 Gallery Print:100)
- Add a sidebar to the theme template file that is used to display your single images or attachments. This can be done by adding
<?php dynamic_sidebar('papt-image-sidebar'); ?>to the template file (typically attachment.php or image.php).
- Populate this sidebar with the PhotoPress – Single Product Buy Button Widget from the
Appearance > Widgetsmenu in WordPress.
- Configure the Widget with any pricing, shipping or variations you require.
Why do I need this plugin?
You want a very simple and easy way to sell prints (or other merchandise) of images that appear on your website.
Does this plugin handle the actual printing and delivery of photos?
No. Printing and delivering the images is up to you. This plugin just allows visitors to order and pay for the prints via PayPal.
Do I need a PayPal account to use this plugin?
Yes. This plugin utilizes your PayPal account.
Can I have different purchase variations?
Yes. You can create an unlimited number of purchase variations such as size and finish. Variations take the Form of
label:price (i.e. 11 x 14 Glossy:$100 ) and are entered via the Purchase Variations Media admin page.
Can I choose which variations are available on an image by image basis?
Yes. Variations can be selected via the image’s attachment page. If no local variation choices are made for an image, all variations will be presented. This backfill behavior can be turned off by setting the “explicit mode” option on the settings admin page.
Can I have different prices per each product variation?
Yes you can. Use the following syntax within the widget or shortcode:
option1:$20|option2:$40|option3:$60. Note: you must enter a currency symbol along with the price.
Also, This feature is implemented by this plugin and is not part of the WordPress Simple PayPal Shopping Cart plugin. Please do not bother that developer for questions/support for this feature.
Initial version of plugin.
Adding missing sidebar registration for image page.
- added new custom taxonomy for storing purchase variations
- purchase variations can now be set on an image by image basis
- added “explicit mode” option which only displays purchase variations explicitly set on each image.
- fixed broken product name when adding item to cart.
- fixed broken global shipping costs
- fixed missing product name in cart.
- added support for price validations introduced by WSPSC.
- preparing for PHP 7.
- added support for shipping validation required by WSPSC.
- added support for nonce in add cart widget required by WSPSC.