OpenStreetMap plugin to embed maps. No API key! No Google API!
Include your OSM (OpenStreetMap) map with GPX tracks, POIs, markers and geotagged posts
|Author:||MiKa (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||3.0|
|WordPress version tested:||5.8.1|
|Added to WordPress repository:||08-04-2009|
|Total downloads:||384 556|
|Active installs:||10 000+|
Click to start download
Add a map with marker in less than 100 sec:
If you want to get detailed information about the OSM-plugin visit these pages:
Features of the OSM-plugin:
- OpenStreetMap, HOT, OpenSeaMap, OpenTopoMap, BaseMap (AT), Stamen, WMS in posts/pages
- Integration in post / page / widget
- HTML Popup Marker
- GPX and KML (incl. upload in Mediathek)
- Map with geo-tagged posts/pages as linked marker
- Map with autogenerated track by geo-tagged posts / pages
- html-meta tags for geo-tagged posts/pages
- uses OpenLayers Library
- SSL connection (https)
Languages – thanks to:
- Japanese [by Sykane]
- French [by Tounoki and Marc]
- Russian [by Вячеслав Стренадко/Vyacheslav Strenadko]
- Italian [by Andrea Giacomelli]
- Spanish [by Colegota]
- Romanian [by Sorin Pop]
Swedish [by Olle Zettergren]
Licenses of the maps:
!! IMPORTANT !!
The WordPress Plugin Review Team required us to provide opt-in feature to display attribution since it is part of WordPress Plugin Guidelines. So you have to enable the checkbox “Display attribution (credit) in the map.” at the WP OSM Plugin Shortcode generater or add the attribution manually to your map. Otherwise it may violate the map or data license, eg OpenStreetMap.
- OpenStreetMap: OpenStreetMap License
- OpenTopoMap: OpenTopoMap License
- Stamen Maps: Stamen License
- BaseMap: BaseMap License
- Thunderforest (API key): Thunderforest License
- WMS: Depends on the map you are including – check it before including it!
The file has to be located at the same adress as your blog.
There must be not format tag (like href …) in the shortcode.