Transform the core WordPress Customizer into a page builder. Display and arrange widgets on any page as beautiful content sections, such as featured c …
|Author:||Organic Themes (profile at wordpress.org)|
|WordPress version required:||4.8|
|WordPress version tested:||4.9.8|
|Added to WordPress repository:||01-08-2017|
|Total downloads:||67 970|
|Active installs:||9 000+|
Click to start download
The Organic StartUp Theme using widgets for the various content sections on the home page.
The Organic Content Slideshow widget.
The Organic Hero widget within the WordPress customizer.
The default WordPress image widget within the customizer.
A list of some of the custom widgets included as seen within the customizer.
Note: This plugin relies on new WordPress features, so it requires WordPress version 4.8+ and PHP 5.3.29+
- Upload ‘organic-customizer-widgets’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Apply the ‘Organic Custom’ template to the desired page
- Click ‘Customize Page’ in the page editor, navigate to the customizer (‘Appearance > Widgets’), or the widgets page (‘Appearance > Widgets’) to add widgets to the page.
Q: Why would I use Organic Builder Widgets over other page builders?
A: The Organic Builder Widgets plugin utilizes the core WordPress Customizer and native widget functionality, rather than relying on proprietary code. Therefore, it’s faster, easier and more secure to build dynamic pages for your site using Organic Builder Widgets. Additionally, the plugin is compatible with almost any theme, and there is no vendor lock-in.
Q: How do I start customizing a page with the Organic Builder Widgets?
A: Simply assign the “Organic Custom” page template to a page and save it. This will create a new Widget Area named after the page. You can then add widgets to this widget area via the WordPress Customizer (recommended) or the Widgets page in the WordPress Admin. The Organic Widgets have been designed to function as page sections, but you can also add core WordPress widgets.
Q: Can I use Organic Builder Widgets with themes other than Organic Themes?
A: Yes, the custom widget areas and widgets will transfer between themes. The widgets contain basic styling so that they should work with most themes. That said, the widgets will look best on sites using Organic Themes, as they’re designed with the plugin in mind. Custom CSS can be used to override the default styles to customize the content to fit your needs.
Q: How can I get widgets to group together into a single page section?
A: Groupable widgets (Profiles, Pricing Tables and Featured Content) will group together when placed consecutively in a widget area. A colored border on the left side of the widget panel will indicate which widgets have been grouped together.
Q: Can I use the Organic Builder Widgets in other widget areas, like sidebars and footers?
A: Most of the Organic Widgets are designed to be used as full-width sections on a page, but depending on your theme styles they may work in other areas as well.
Q: Why am I seeing a PHP version 5.3.29 error message when activating the plugin?
A: The Organic Builder Widgets plugin requires PHP 5.3.29 or higher, as do many plugins with advanced functionality. Your PHP version can be updated by contacting your hosting provider. We would recommend doing this regardless of whether you use the plugin, as WordPress may begin requiring PHP 7 as a minimum requirement soon.
- Update to account for Gutenberg class name changes
- Fixes for mobile styles
- Fixed issue with widget card content disappearing on some Organic Themes
- Updated JS for repeatable form items to improve Feature List widget usability
- Fixed redirect issue that was throwing warning when plugin activated from TGMPA
- General cleanup
- Fixed valid callback warning within Subpage Widget
- Style fix for single column blog posts
- Style fix for profile widget
- Added max width style for hero widget content
- Added deactivation function if pro version is activated
- Added wp_reset_postdata functions in widgets with loops
- Removed unnecessary text in feature list widget options
- Updated styles for social icons in profile widget so it works in sidebars
- Changed plugin name from Organic Customizer Widgets to Organic Builder Widgets
- Fixed layout issue if multiple profile widgets were grouped together
- Updates to HTML markup for content cards
- Style tweaks and fixes
- Additional updates to page template JS after Gutenberg 2.8.0 update
- Updates made to page template JS in preparation for Gutenberg
- Removed HTML escaping for textarea fields within the Feature List widget
- Updated background brightness script to fix text color issues with IE
- Updated flexslider script
- Fixed warning messages related to previous update
- Fixed issue with widget scripts loading when widget was not active on page
- Minor style update to Content Slideshow Widget
- Updated plugin name and description
- Added dismissible admin notices
- Fixed issue with portfolio widget titles not displaying on mobile
- Updates to welcome screen
- Fixed issue with unnecessary admin scripts being loaded on the front-end
- Added directional navigation arrows to testimonials slider
- Fixed pricing table widget mobile style
- Allowed HTML in pricing table repeatable fields
- Updated Give donation widget styles
- Added basic Gravity Forms widget styles
- Minor fix to welcome page themes
- Added star icons to testimonials widget
- Displayed widget title for WP core video widget
- Preparation for WP 4.9
- Added default styles for new gallery widget
- Added featured image option to hero widget
- Fixed background image display for portfolio widget
- Fixed background video display for hero widget
- Added styles for Give donation plugin widget
- Added “All Categories” option to blog widget
- Simplified subpage widget options
- Removed masonry classes from groupable widgets
- Early prep for Gutenberg editor
- Added styles for forms on dark backgrounds
- Mobile style fixes
- Save widget assignments on plugin deactivation for restoring on plugin re-activation
- Mobile style fix for hero widget fixed background images
- Version Bump
- Move settings to top level menu item
- Add settings to activate/deactivate Organic Builder Widgets
- Mobile style fix for profile widget
- Style fix for content slideshow widget
- Added new social media icons
- Changed heading for featured content widget
- Updates to profile widget styles
- Style tweak to hero widget
- Removed post edit link from subpage widget
- Allow basic HTML tags (
) in Widget Titles
- Fix featured product Safari alignment bug
- Add WYSIWYG editor to Portfolio widget content
- Fixed alignment issue for grouped widgets
- Minor updates to featured content widget
- Updated README.txt with new widget example
- Updated hero widget style and HTML
- Updated featured content style
- Added featured product widget
- Fixed button links for hero widget
- Updated background image script prefixes
- Updated link input styles to condense widget options
- Additional style tweaks
- Updated plugin description
- Added fixed height option to content slideshow widget
- Updated Structure Lite screenshot
- General cleanup
- Updates to testimonial widget
- Updates to featured content widget
- Minor style updates
- Updates to customizer text editors
- Updated README.txt with video demo
- Fix widget sync function
- Add support for One Click Demo Import
- Added fixed background position option to Hero Widget
- Break customize url function out into static method and add to page template
- Minor updates to content
- Style tweaks
- Pricing Table Update
- Relax PHP Version Requirement
- Readme Updates
- Initial plugin release